How to store ISO Images to disk & media qustions?

TRAVELMAN

:/

Hello all!

Thanks all for your great advice! Gone from not knowing ANYTHING to actually being quite good at this burning lark (!). On the advice of board members & links from this site I've worked out how to re-author & just shoot main movie-with 'deep analyser' & 'the other' (forgot button name but it's something to do with high quality!) on SHRINK my burns are, to my eye-same as the original & in some cases on compression is needed.

I've been getting EXCELLENT results with 4X Ridata + R disks. I@m about to get some more media in bulk-any suggestions on A)-Best media to get B)-A budget option for less important back-ups? Interestingly I backed up a music concert (Depeche Mode-lots of colour, etc) with a cheapo poundland DVD X 4 -R & compared the reults with a RIDATA. The budget option is certainly watchable & seems as clear BUT the colour seems better on the RIDATA. Also the budget one 'stuck' 1/2 way through-a quick wipe cured this so it seems the cheapos are more 'delicate' (!).

My main question! I burn an ISO image file to a desktop folder. As the files are so big I'd like a way to 'store' the ISO image on a disk to save time if i want to burn more disks-so I don't have to 'analyse', encode again, etc so if i need another copy i can just burn straight away & also not fill up my hard drive! I've tried various 'zip' programmes but they make hardly any difference. Now, my h/drive is only 32 GB. I search on the web & dowloaded a windows 'power' tool to help with ISO files (help to save them to disk). When i use this option (ist & in bold from right-click drop down menu-says 'save this image to disk' or thereabouts) it just says' incorrect media'??!

If I try the other option 'send to CD drive' it just says 'windows has encountered a problem'??!

Please can one of you experts tell me what I#m doing wrong or indeed if I'm barking up the wrong trr, so to speak??!

Thanks!

Chris

I used Ritek Ridata 4x discs for a long time with excellent results but the speed bug got me and Ive found Taiyo Yuden and Verbatim to be the best bar none with write support up to 16x you wont go wrong with either ones :thumbup: as for less expensive discs why bother with them the price between great and crap isn't that much pennies in most cases

I dont know if I'm reading this right but here goes you have an ISO in a folder on your desktop and you want to burn it to disc open IMGburm select a file from Source and then from "Look In "

you would choose desktop from the drop down menu and the folder and have IMGburn burn to disc .If you needed to make another copy then IMGburn will NOT read it you would need another program to read the disc one program that would do it is NERO, another was recently taken off the net but I'm sure theres links out there for it .Nero will also do" on the fly " copies if you have a DVD rom for reading the disc and a DVD burner in your computer

theres no reason to have only a 32 gig hard drive check out the prices of hard drives they are dirt cheap 80 gig and 120g especially, they are always on sale

I have a 200GB and soon a 300GB hard disk full of ISO's. I have them in external enclosures so they can be used on any computer.

You cannot zip a DVD as the files are already highly compressed.

Ok! Thanks....will resign myself to either copying my copies (if mates want a dvd!) OR (& more likely!) getting an external h/drive. Thanks for taking the time to help me!

Chris

My main question! I burn an ISO image file to a desktop folder. As the files are so big I'd like a way to 'store' the ISO image on a disk to save time if i want to burn more disks-so I don't have to 'analyse', encode again, etc so if i need another copy i can just burn straight away & also not fill up my hard drive! I've tried various 'zip' programmes but they make hardly any difference. Now, my h/drive is only 32 GB.

Honestly? Get some more HD space. 30gigs might have been enough in past years but not these days. Particularly when you start playing with anything involving video. Before running out and buying an external HD, have a look at other options available to you of which there are many.

There's the obvious one of adding another large internal HD and other not-so-obvious ways of increasing your HD real estate such as using network drives, adding high-speed/high-capacity RAID cards and/or drives or even using cheap (very cheap, high capacity) NAS units. (Network Attached Storage).

There are people here that can help you with all of these options if you but ask.

Returning to your disc question - I concur with polo, the Taiyo Yudens are superb, I switched recently due to concerns with the Ritek G05s I was using. Since then I have had no hassles, every player I own loves em and they burn at 8x (I don't have a 16x burner) 99% of the time.

I also use Ridata and they're awesome, not 1 bad one yet. But my question is this: How, from scratch, do I create an ISO image?? I cannot figure it out and it's p!ss!ng me off solid. Can I please have some assistance starting at step 1?

Please and thanks in advance,

Matryx.

to creat an "ISO" (if its dvd video/audio) , use dvdshrink , and when you hit the back up option, choose "save as ISO to hdd".

theres loads of guides about for using shrink , just google it :thumbup:

This is what I was looking for too! Only one question; Do I remove the layer break or not? I will use Imgburn to make a DL DVD.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.