HAVING TROUBLE... NEED SOME ASSISTANCE

mrsgreen663

Ive just stepped up from DVD decrypter to this software.

I was trying to create an image file and burn a movie I have downloaded.

I used the build feature, which put an ISO & MDS file on my desktop. I burned the image file, and it will open and play in windows media player, but will not play in my DVD player or even Intervideo WinDVD.

Can someone please tell me what I am doing wrong and why it will not work... im not all that literate with the software, or burning for that matter... so please explain to me in english :unsure:

THankyou so very much for your time and help :thumbup:

Welcome to the forum

Take a look at the Guides section of the forum :) Here you should find what you are looking for. If you already had an image file (.iso ?) you can just skip straight to the Burn function of ImgBurn which is v.similar to DVD Decrypter's.

Otherwise I would recommend the following guide to get you started:

http://forum.imgburn.com/index.php?showtopic=1778

There is also a guide for just the build function as well.

Should you still have problems please post a copy of the log from ImgBurn, you can copy/paste it from the bottom window of the program and into your next post.

Welcome to the forum

Take a look at the Guides section of the forum :) Here you should find what you are looking for. If you already had an image file (.iso ?) you can just skip straight to the Burn function of ImgBurn which is v.similar to DVD Decrypter's.

Otherwise I would recommend the following guide to get you started:

http://forum.imgburn.com/index.php?showtopic=1778

There is also a guide for just the build function as well.

Should you still have problems please post a copy of the log from ImgBurn, you can copy/paste it from the bottom window of the program and into your next post.

I read the guides... although it only says for 'build' mode about using the TS Video folder.

I was using build mode to actually create the image file, so I do need that process.

I am not creating an image file from DVD, I have a downloaded avi file that I wanted to burn. WHen I use the build mode to create an iso file, when I burn it it turns it into a video clip, which must be why it will play in windows media and not WinDVD.

Am I able to use just this one program to create and burn from an avi file... or do I have to continue using another program to encode it so I am able to then burn it with ImgBurn (which I havent had any problems with doing it this way... its just ImgBurn doesnt seem to work with downloaded movies).

I cant give you the log as I had already closed it, and after wasting 6 DVDs already (which are very expensive in our country) I am not going to bother doing it again unless I think I have a chance of it working, lol.

Thanks heaps, I appreciate the help.

the logs from IMGburn are automatically saved go to HELP--->IMGburn logs and it will be saved as atext file copy and paste it.

FYI We are in a sticky situation when you post that you are downloading movies (avi's) that can be seen as pirating :pirate: which is 100% illegal and wont get you any support around here. For legal reasons we dont even discuss bypassing copyright protection its why Decrypter was shut down and we dont wan't that to happen to IMGburn

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.