Suggestion (Audio CD)

piovrauz

Well, first of all thanks for this awesome burning program, nicely small and full featured.

The only thing I really miss and I'll like to suggest implementing is the ability to build/burn audio cd images, maybe also reading. If this will be implemented I'll be glad to throw n3r0 out of my life.

I really don't care about mp3 to audio CD conversion, since I'm more on HI-FI than mp3, and I'd like to be able to make compilations out of my CDs.

Thanks for your time, and keep up with the good work. You know, I really liked the build CD function...

I know about Burrrn, but I'd prefer to be able to build/write Audio CD with ImgBurn, having one unique mastering program for all my needs. Like I stated I'm not interested in building from mp3 or such, and I do all my ripping with CDex.

It's not I'm asking all the audio related things, so if it's possible I'd like to see these function in this program. I think a burning app should have at least build/write support for audio, but sure it's LUK decision in the end, so I'm jus pushing a bit my opinion. ;)

btw: I suppose building Audio CD images from mp3, or ripping and encoding may have patents/licenses/copyright issues, and so I'll not ask for things that I know will drag "shit".

• 2 weeks later...

Its not that bad a suggestion , Why tell him to go and get other software .

I use both software and it would be one less app on my PC if ImgBurn could create audio cd's with the build mode.

When someone suggested creating a DVD with .vob files it was done , and nobody said go and "try something else"

This is the suggestion forum after all.

@ piovrauz , i second your suggestion.

Its not that bad a suggestion , Why tell him to go and get other software

Because it's not the first time It has been suggested and the answer remains the same.

The search function of any forum is a wise move and will tell you about ImgBurn and audio and why not, whether that be Full Stop or for the time being.

This is a good suggestion, infact i was just about to suggest it until i sow you beat me to it.

But if you want to have one less app then you could just uninstall burrrn and use the extractor and burner in Windows Media player. (since you cant uninstall it)

Burrn is a tiny app and works great also free . It was suggested for all those reasons because IB doesn't do audio and its been suggested for over a year, LUK isn't going to support it according to his responses in this forum , FYI all the threads are available about audio support if you use the search function at the top of this page

Eh, I actually know how to use search function, and since it's not my first post on a forum, I searched before asking. And what I found didn't satisfied me, so I asked "again".

Since it's a suggestion forum, I asked for AudioCD support (in the way stated in my posts, nothing more, nothing less, very precise request, and thinking about possible copyright issues).

I don't like much burrrn, and I hate wmp (btw, you CAN uninstall it, you can even don't install in the first place): thanks for suggesting me to use this crap!

And if its been suggested many times before, maybe it's a "wanted" feature?

Hoping I'll not be flamed cause I'm too direct...

Hell son...if being direct got you flamed around here, there wouldn't be time for anything else...=)) That's something we withold until someone reaches the actual 'asshole' phase with their relationship with the Forum...then it's open season for a while. :thumbup:

While many may post that a multi-session capability would be great if incorporated, it just won't come to pass until if and when the :worthy: Boss :worthy: decides it will happen. He sees all the requests written on the board and makes his decisions...period...until he decides...we mere mortals just wait and see what's coming next..... :lol:

Eh, I actually know how to use search function, and since it's not my first post on a forum, I searched before asking. And what I found didn't satisfied me, so I asked "again".

And "again". the answer will be no , until LUK decides to go down this road

Since it's a suggestion forum, I asked for AudioCD support (in the way stated in my posts, nothing more, nothing less, very precise request, and thinking about possible copyright issues).

again, LUK has seen all the arguments in favour of audio cd burning, but until he decides to implement it we will have to wait

I don't like much burrrn, and I hate wmp (btw, you CAN uninstall it, you can even don't install in the first place): thanks for suggesting me to use this crap!

Bit baffled as to why you find "burrrn" crap , or you dont like it ?. its so simple and easy to use, and does a good job of creating an audio cd,

even WMP is usable by most people for simple audio burning

And if its been suggested many times before, maybe it's a "wanted" feature?

yes its wanted by a few people, BUT, does LUK "want" to create it ?? does it fit in with his idea of what he wants ImgBurn to be ?

It would appear not at this moment in time

No one will flame you , as long as you read and respect the replies you get to the question

I am definatly not knocking burrrn , its all i use for burning audio.

It is a good suggestion for IB, but if its been suggested many times before and LUK doesnt want to do it then thets fair enough.

Lets close the thread.

:thumbup: nuff said

mmm, I know it's all up to LUK, only trying to explaying why I asked an already discussed feature. it's like xaudiox said some posts up, but god I'll never ask something again!

btw: I said I find wmp crap, not burrrrn, which I simply dont like.

I don't mind people asking, but it strikes me that this isn't something that needs suggesting. I'm not stupid, I know what's missing from the program in terms of core functionality!

Support for Audio CDs comes under the same feature request as multisession/track images because that's exactly what it is.

ImgBurn obviously only supports single session/track images/discs at the moment and it's no small feat to change that.

I am however working on it for the next version.

I don't know exactly what level Audio CD's will be supported... probably just from a bin/cue at first in 'Write' mode.

Then perhaps I'll try and do something with 'Build' mode so that you can burn wav's / mp3's.

but god I'll never ask something again!

btw: I said I find wmp crap, not burrrrn, which I simply dont like.

If you have a suggestion for ImgBurn, then you suggest away , you never know, you may ask for something thats not been covered before .

personal opinion is that WMP is a bit more complicated than needs be, but burrrn is just fine for me..................................................... until of course something develops within IB from LUK :thumbup:

I don't know exactly what level Audio CD's will be supported... probably just from a bin/cue at first in 'Write' mode.

Then perhaps I'll try and do something with 'Build' mode so that you can burn wav's / mp3's.

Thats great to hear, with IB being such a fantastic app its only natural people are going to ask for more and more features.

Keep up the great work. ImgBurn rules.

Respect

That's great! Since the day "build" was added for data cd/dvd, this proggy is getting better every day! Thanks LUK, and sorry, I didn't mean to offend you, I didn't know that multisession was involved in AudioCD, I tought (wrongly?) that DAO could do the job, and that the problem was somewhere else. Trust me, I like little app like Imgburn, that do the things I want, without being bloated, and I tend to use them instead of big apps when I can. And Imgburn is in my top-5 :) Sorry if my bad english caused some misunderstanding...

It's not the write mode that's the problem, it's the general way ImgBurn works.

Everything is/must be 1 track.

So if you only wanted 1 track on your audio disc, that would be fine. Clearly that's not going to cut it in the real world though! lol

I need to change the entire program so it can write multiple tracks by making it more aware of the disc layout.

Multisession isn't needed for a basic Audio CD, but I see little point in making it work with multiple tracks but then not going the whole way to make it cope with multiple sessions too.

But if you want to have one less app then you could just uninstall burrrn and use the extractor and burner in Windows Media player. (since you cant uninstall it)

Ofcourse you can uninstall (remove), in another way :)

Remove it from your source with nLite ;)

Well the downside to that is that you need to reinstall windows, but then again windows require that pretty often :)

I use Burrrn to burn my audio cds (just burrrned one a few days ago :)) and I don't have a problem with it. Much quicker than nero to load and burn.

I agree, audio cd support would be great, even if it is just burning an image. Now I need to learn how to write a cue/bin file!

Adding the ability to build audio cd images would also be great. Wav, ogg and flac could be primary choices for decoding audio. CD-TEXT would also be a great extra for this ability.

Or, I might just be getting ahead of myself. Although buying a portrait of myself would be close :).

I don't use multi-session discs, but if that is added, that's cool too. Other people would benefit from it.

Good to hear that you have started work on multi-session/audio cd burning. LUK is awesome!

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.