DVD+R DL Problems

ImNotMikeyB

Hey all,

My name is Mike, and I want to start off by saying thank you for all the help this forum has provided to me. I have decided to join the post and share my experience, and help others improve theirs. I would also like to thank you for time you may invest in simply reading this post. And with much gratitude I thank all the replies and help I may get. So here it goes:

For over a year a never had a problem burning DVD+R DL's. All of a sudden, back in February I began getting problems.

What I mean by Problems: The DVD+R DL would burn what may seem flawlessly, but then, once finished the DVD would not be able to read by any burner.

I cant get to some of my originals, so I have the Video and Audio Files saved with DVD Shrink on my HDD. Hoping I would be able to keep a copy at both locations.

I have found ImgBurn to be a very powerful and effective tool at completing my task. I have thoroughly reviewed many resources to no avail. I find some people describe a similar problem in various software.

And I have found no one solution to my errors. This maybe a collaboration of errors, however I intend to ultimately discover the root to my problems.

With the assistance of this software, and this forum, by posting the entire history of my issue, and the most complete information I can provide, my hope, that it will unlock the mysteries of this plague of unplayable DVD9s that has been cast upon me and some others.

Since then I have downloaded numerous programs, (all programs listed below), to try to solve my problem.

Programs installed, chronologically (numbers correlate with software & error list):

1) DVD Shrink v3.2 (used it for about a year to rip DVDs with no problem, in corporation with the built in Sonic software on the Laptop to burn good DVD9s)

2) DVD Decrypter v3.5.4 (If DVD Shrink gave me an issue, I would resort to this, ...which is ...an older IMGburn? - worked great as well with sonic)

3) Nero 7.8.5 ( this is when I began to start ripping/burning images)

4) InterVideo DiskMaster2 (This didn't last long... I didn't like it, I suspect it is Packet-writing, to I uninstalled it, and then I resorted my system to prior this software.)

5) DVDFab Decryprer (was quite reliable)

6) DVDFab HD Decryprer ( trial software didn't get too far with it)

7) DVDFab Platinum (trial software, just sitting still)

8) ImgBurn 2.3.0.0 (I believe the ratio i was able to burn was like 3 good disks and 7 bad ones.... where am I going wrong?!)

File Preparation (numbers correlate with software & error list):

1) Prior to my issues, I used DVD shrink to rip, and sonic to burn.1 I didn't use ISO, i simply copied the Video and empty Audio files to an empty Data DVD9, and it would burn.

2) At times where DVD Shrink reported errors, I would use DVD Decrypter to rip the separate files and burn them

3) I would use Nero to first burn the separate files. I would use the NERO-ROM or express. I found many helpful tutorials and guides that I followed to a T.

8) I would take the separate files and build them as described in the tutorial in the tutorial site. Some would work, some would not

What I'm working with:

-HP ZD8000 3.4G P4 HT, 2gig RAM

-TSSTcorp TS-L532M burner

-Memorex DVD+R DL 8.5GB 2.4x DVD9s

Errors that may help solve this issue (numbers correlate with software & error list ):

1) DVD shrink would report "DVD cyclic redundancy check" error, This is then I used DVD Decrypter v3.5.4

2) DVD Decrypter v3.5.4 would report TOC error on a finished non working DVD9.

3) Nero 7.8.5 - would eject a used disk, stating that it required a DVD9 media

8) ImgBurn 2.3.0.0 would report Medium not present on burned unplayable disk. Hence, I am unable to verify a write. Unfortunately, I have never verified a written DVD. I tried Both, using a ISO or MDS and cannot get a good DVD every time.

Other things:

-Windows reads the drive (under my computer) as either (the icon that is) DVD-RW drive (as if empty) or a occasionally it would display the icon, CD-Drive (and still be empty)

-XBOX360 reads finished disks as ?Unplayable disks

-There is no visible defects on the disks, prior or after writing.

-When an original would be placed in a DVD drive, Very rarely would the DVD drive being ?Thrashing? like a HDD in deficient RAM computer in pre-windows 95 days. (Now, its not the HDD drive that?s thrashing but the DVD drive.) This occurs either when playing the original DVD with any software or ripping the DVD with any software.

-I have found that restarting between building an Image and Burning it is sometimes more successful. Other times I complete the whole process without restarting the machine and rarely works too.

Possible Issue...

A- It's not the laptop, is it?

Why I don't think it relates...

A-I have overcome the heat issues, by monitoring internal temperature using TempMonitor. I Remove the Laptop from it's base, and it will considerably cool down. I also place an occasional Ice pack if the temperature reaches, and hovers around 78c. I know the ice pack is not the greatest solution, but according to my research, the design flaw is un-repairable, only by completely disassembling the Laptop, and coating the heat sink with a substance called "acrylic silver"?-- and i not going to do that)

Possible Issue...

B- TSSTcorp TS-L532M HR08

B- As I mentioned, It has produced many successful DVD?s prior. Though I do know people have problems with this drive. Is it time for a new drive?

Possible Issue...

C- Memorex DVD+R DL 8.5 GB 2.4x DVD9s

C- I know verbatim is the optimal choice, but is it really the DVD or something else I am doing wrong?

Possible Issue...

D- Temperature too hot for DVD9s

D-My Laptops threshold is at 81c which believe is well over 120F.. Is this a possible issue in an encased DVD drive?

Possible Issue...

E- Book Setting

E- I believe this may be the cause of errors, however I was under the impression it only applied to DVD-R or -RW, not +R DL

Possible Issue...

F- Sonic Software

F- I believe it falls into the packet-writting catagory, which we can all forwn upon. But, it's been there since day 1, and successfully has created nice DVD9s

Log of an unsuccessful burn from ImgBurn:

I beilve this is the log that I have built the Image using IMG Burn, Restarted, and burned the MDS, this log only contains the MDS building info. If you need more, I will do the entire process again, and post all the logs if it will help, but I feel the post is long enough.:

; //****************************************\\

; ImgBurn Version 2.3.0.0 - Log

; Wednesday, 04 April 2007, 17:25:37

; \\****************************************//

;

;

I 16:07:29 ImgBurn Version 2.3.0.0 started!

I 16:07:29 Microsoft Windows XP Media Center Edition (5.1, Build 2600 : Service Pack 2)

I 16:07:29 Total Physical Memory: 2,095,596 KB - Available: 1,537,076 KB

I 16:07:29 Initialising SPTI...

I 16:07:29 Searching for SCSI / ATAPI devices...

I 16:07:44 Found 1 DVD?RW!

I 16:11:48 Operation Started!

I 16:11:48 Building Image Tree...

I 16:12:01 Checking Directory Depth...

I 16:12:01 Calculating Totals...

I 16:12:01 Preparing Image...

E 16:13:40 Operation Aborted! - Duration: 00:01:51

I 16:19:04 Operation Started!

I 16:19:04 Building Image Tree...

I 16:19:04 Checking Directory Depth...

I 16:19:04 Calculating Totals...

I 16:19:04 Preparing Image...

I 16:19:40 Using Layer Break LBA: 2026438 -> 2058464 (VTS_03, PGC: 1, Chapter: 15, Cell: 28, Vob/Cell ID: 2/1, Time: 01:21:44, SPLIP: Yes)

I 16:19:40 Checking Path Length...

I 16:19:40 Image Size: 8,431,468,544 bytes

I 16:19:40 Image Sectors: 4,116,928

I 16:19:40 Operation Successfully Completed! - Duration: 00:00:35

I 16:23:06 Operation Started!

I 16:23:06 Building Image Tree...

I 16:23:06 Checking Directory Depth...

I 16:23:06 Calculating Totals...

I 16:23:06 Preparing Image...

I 16:23:10 Using Layer Break LBA: 2026438 -> 2058464 (VTS_03, PGC: 1, Chapter: 15, Cell: 28, Vob/Cell ID: 2/1, Time: 01:21:44, SPLIP: Yes -> No)

I 16:23:10 Checking Path Length...

I 16:23:10 Image Size: 8,431,468,544 bytes

I 16:23:10 Image Sectors: 4,116,928

I 16:23:17 Operation Successfully Completed! - Duration: 00:00:11

W 16:23:41 User accepted disk space warning and is attempting to build the image anyway!

I 16:23:41 Operation Started!

I 16:23:41 Image Contents: 29 Files, 2 Folders

I 16:23:41 Image Sectors: 4,116,928

I 16:23:41 Image Size: 8,431,468,544 bytes

I 16:23:41 Image Layer Break Position: 2,058,464

I 16:23:41 Image Single Layer Profile: DVD+R/RW (Media Capacity: 2,295,104)

I 16:23:41 Image Double Layer Profile: DVD+R DL (Min L0: 0, Max L0: 2,086,912, Media Capacity: 4,173,824)

I 16:23:41 Image Volume Identifier: DVD_VOLUME

I 16:23:41 Image Application Identifier: IMGBURN V2.3.0.0 - THE ULTIMATE IMAGE BURNER!

I 16:23:41 Image Implementation Identifier: ImgBurn

I 16:23:41 Image File System(s): ISO9660, UDF (1.02)

I 16:23:41 Destination File: C:\Documents and Settings\Michael Bekesz\Desktop\clear.iso

I 16:23:41 Destination Free Space: 15,556,722,688 bytes (15,192,112 KB) (14,836 MB) (14 GB)

I 16:23:41 Destination File System: NTFS

I 16:23:41 File Splitting: Auto

I 16:23:41 Writing Image...

I 16:37:44 Image MD5: 2430651759e39956a916b2d640511ec8

I 16:37:44 Operation Successfully Completed! - Duration: 00:14:02

I 16:37:44 Average Write Rate: 9,778 KB/s (7.1x) - Maximum Write Rate: 19,605 KB/s (14.2x)

I 16:42:27 Operation Started!

I 16:42:27 Source File: C:\Documents and Settings\Michael Bekesz\Desktop\clear.mds

I 16:42:27 Source File Sectors: 4,116,928 (MODE1/2048)

I 16:42:27 Source File Size: 8,431,468,544 bytes

I 16:42:27 Source File Volume Identifier: DVD_VOLUME

I 16:42:27 Source File Application Identifier: IMGBURN V2.3.0.0 - THE ULTIMATE IMAGE BURNER!

I 16:42:27 Source File Implementation Identifier: ImgBurn

I 16:42:27 Source File File System(s): ISO9660, UDF (1.02)

I 16:42:27 Destination Device: [0:1:0] TSSTcorp CD/DVDW TS-L532M HR08 (D:) (ATA)

I 16:42:27 Destination Media Type: DVD+R DL (Disc ID: RITEK-D01-01) (Speeds: 2.4x)

I 16:42:27 Destination Media Sectors: 4,173,824

I 16:42:27 Write Mode: DVD

I 16:42:27 Write Type: DAO

I 16:42:27 Write Speed: MAX

I 16:42:27 Link Size: Auto

I 16:42:27 Test Mode: No

I 16:42:27 BURN-Proof: Enabled

I 16:42:27 Optimal L0 Data Zone Capacity: 2,058,464

I 16:42:27 Optimal L0 Data Zone Method: Copied From Original Disc

I 16:42:40 Filling Buffer... (40 MB)

I 16:42:42 Writing LeadIn...

I 16:42:44 Writing Image... (LBA: 0 - 4116927)

I 16:42:44 Writing Layer 0... (LBA: 0 - 2058463)

I 17:03:19 Writing Layer 1... (LBA: 2058464 - 4116927)

I 17:23:55 Synchronising Cache...

I 17:23:58 Closing Track...

I 17:23:59 Finalising Disc...

I 17:24:54 Image MD5: 2430651759e39956a916b2d640511ec8

I 17:24:55 Operation Successfully Completed! - Duration: 00:42:27

I 17:24:55 Average Write Rate: 3,332 KB/s (2.4x) - Maximum Write Rate: 3,623 KB/s (2.6x)

I 17:25:37 Close Request Acknowledged

I 17:25:37 Closing Down...

I 17:25:37 Shutting down SPTI...

I 17:25:37 ImgBurn closed!

So my Question:

NEVER have problem with DVD+R single layers using various manufactures DVDs, all come out perfect. At times however, I do require a DVD9 to sustain optimal viewing quality. Where am I going wrong? So Why are only about 10% of my DVD9s working?

In addition, I would like to thank you again for any and all help anyone can provide. And of course, thank you LIGHTNING UK for creating such a great and wonderful tool.

~Mikey B

Edited by ImNotMikeyB

Could you check for the presence of StarForce on your system? I know from experience with a few other people that it can mess around with your drive's burning capabilities. That could possibly explain why the discs turn out bad even though your burning tools report them as okay.

The fact that regular pressed DVDs aren't recognized is strongly hinting at a defect drive though...

Could you check for the presence of StarForce on your system? I know from experience with a few other people that it can mess around with your drive's burning capabilities. That could possibly explain why the discs turn out bad even though your burning tools report them as okay.

The fact that regular pressed DVDs aren't recognized is strongly hinting at a defect drive though...

I did a search on Starforce, however i didn't find it in my computer. What s starforce?

don't use shrink for dual layers also for 360 make sure you set booktype to DVD-ROM.

The problem i'm seeing when i go to change book type, is i select, samsung drive, and with a fresh DVD+R DL, the field that reads: current setting states, "unknown (FAILED)!" therefore the new setting drop down menu is disabled as well as the Change button.

OK, so I am looking for a small pack or Verbatims, and if that doesn't work, we think it may be my drive? Is there any way to check the drive for malfunctions? or poor lens or whatever is going wrong with it. I mention Thrashing in the original post... I want to add that this only occures with my DVD "Man of the Year" - It will play the movie, but does take a long time Thrashing about before it actually does load. The Backup I have does not thrash about.... Is it possible the original DVD has some unique deterent/protection causing this thrashing about? Or is it reading it differently than other DVDs causing this?

The Backup I have does not thrash about

when a drive reads the backup but not the dual layer original, that usually indicates a problem with the hardware,

if it can't read dual layer how can it burn it?

The drive is a: TSSTcorp TS-L532M HR08

As far as I know It is capable of reading and writting +R , -R , -RW , +R DL

When it comes to +R DL ... it read them all. Most of the time however, when i write onto a +R DL, about 70% become unreadable, by any player. They become Coasters. And I would simply pop in another and another and repeted the burn process, after 2-3 DVDs eventually one would work.

I just suspect the drive would just completly fail during a read or write, and the buffer rates are always good and consistant.

don't use shrink for dual layers also for 360 make sure you set booktype to DVD-ROM.

The problem i'm seeing when i go to change book type, is i select, samsung drive, and with a fresh DVD+R DL, the field that reads: current setting states, "unknown (FAILED)!" therefore the new setting drop down menu is disabled as well as the Change button.

That doesn't sound right!

Are you sure you're on the 'Samsung' tab? :P

If you are, maybe you need a firmware update because it would seem your drive doesn't support the booktype command at the moment.

Whenever you're having problems, you should ALWAYS ensure you're doing a Verify as part of the burn. It's the only way we can know things are working as they should do.

That doesn't sound right!

Are you sure you're on the 'Samsung' tab? :P

If you are, maybe you need a firmware update because it would seem your drive doesn't support the booktype command at the moment.

Whenever you're having problems, you should ALWAYS ensure you're doing a Verify as part of the burn. It's the only way we can know things are working as they should do.

I am 100% sure i am using the samsung tag for a TSSTcorp TS-L532M HR08

HR08 is the original firmware I recieved my machine with. There is no further update avialable that I know of. I herd Limited succes with Flashing the drive to another kind, but I am not prepared to do that.

The HR04 is an older firmware which never existed on my machine, This laptop shiped with HR08 Firmware.

Out of curiosity I checked the other tabs, and ran through all the drop down menus, and the current settings area does not change, for every media inserted (written or freshly blank , +R , +R DL) or whatever you choose from the drop down menu, the current setting are always " unkown (Failed!) "... I suppose My drive doesn't support the booktype command. What is unftotunate is that support for the drive has ended since Toshiba-Samsung don't partner in making the drive anymore. So I suppose there will be no more updates unless I Flash, and as I said I am very reluctant to do that.

Like you said to turn on the veryfy feature, so I have, but still, the disk cannot be read after it has been written. So once the disk is finalized, the disk ic cycled in the tray, and once it goes in agian, the "Device is not ready (Unable to recover TOC) " . The program seems to wait for an input from me, and my only option is to cancel. So I cant get a verify done.

I will take more pictures of my problems and instances I am describing, perhaps it will describe my problem better.

With regard to using Verbatim, I havent really gone looking for it yet, but i did come accross a sony brand of DVD+R (DVD5s) that i had tucked away for while.

I attempted to burn onto them... and now I am having a problem with DVD+R's. This just occured today, If you recall, I mentioned i never nad a problem with them before, but now I am looking a my first DVD+R Coaster... The symptoms are identical to that which I had with the DVD+R DL (DVD9s)...I cant seem to verify them either, as "Device is not ready (Unable to recover TOC) " >_<

And to think I was just about to praise my computer on how it never screws up DVD5s, but I guess thats over.... Now I'm real sad...

Ok, I'll take some pictures of what I'm doing, post them later, hopefully it'll help a little

Thanks for all the help so far

I thought the HP ZD8000 had an lg burner in it, that may just be for UK market though.

You looked on Hp site for a firmware.

I'll look through the HP site, see if anything I may have over looked....

With regard to burning a DVD+R.. I now am getting a new error... It appears it cannot finilize the disk... I tried twice buring an iso, and both failed. I had the Verify on, but it wont verfy because it cant read the disk, however the status is "the disk is not empty" ... It seems that the Sony disks are "incompatible format". These are both new errors to me. It's truley odd because the Sony disks are the same format as the previous Memorex (dVD5s) ones I have been using that never caused a problem form me, except the last few.

LOG:

; Saturday, 07 April 2007, 08:48:30

;

;

I 08:29:23 ImgBurn Version 2.3.0.0 started!

I 08:29:23 Microsoft Windows XP Media Center Edition (5.1, Build 2600 : Service Pack 2)

I 08:29:23 Total Physical Memory: 2,095,596 KB - Available: 1,559,136 KB

I 08:29:23 Initialising SPTI...

I 08:29:23 Searching for SCSI / ATAPI devices...

I 08:29:44 Found 1 DVD?RW!

I 08:30:38 Operation Started!

I 08:30:38 Source File: C:\Documents and Settings\Michael Bekesz\Desktop\THE_WORLD_S_FASTEST_INDIAN_2005.ISO

I 08:30:38 Source File Sectors: 2,285,899 (MODE1/2048)

I 08:30:38 Source File Size: 4,681,521,152 bytes

I 08:30:38 Source File Volume Identifier: THE_WORLD_S_FASTEST_INDIAN_2005

I 08:30:38 Source File Implementation Identifier: DVD Shrink

I 08:30:38 Source File File System(s): ISO9660, UDF (1.02)

I 08:30:38 Destination Device: [0:1:0] TSSTcorp CD/DVDW TS-L532M HR08 (D:) (ATA)

I 08:30:38 Destination Media Type: DVD+R (Disc ID: SONY-D21-00) (Speeds: 2.4x, 4x, 8x)

I 08:30:38 Destination Media Sectors: 2,295,104

I 08:30:38 Write Mode: DVD

I 08:30:38 Write Type: DAO

I 08:30:38 Write Speed: MAX

I 08:30:38 Link Size: Auto

I 08:30:38 Test Mode: No

I 08:30:38 BURN-Proof: Enabled

I 08:30:38 Filling Buffer... (40 MB)

I 08:30:40 Writing LeadIn...

I 08:30:50 Writing Image... (LBA: 0 - 2285898)

W 08:33:31 Waiting for buffers to recover...

W 08:33:33 Waiting for hard disk activity to reach threshold level...

I 08:33:34 Writing Image...

W 08:36:04 Waiting for buffers to recover...

W 08:36:06 Waiting for hard disk activity to reach threshold level...

I 08:36:07 Writing Image...

W 08:38:16 Waiting for buffers to recover...

W 08:38:18 Waiting for hard disk activity to reach threshold level...

I 08:38:19 Writing Image...

W 08:40:00 Waiting for buffers to recover...

W 08:40:02 Waiting for hard disk activity to reach threshold level...

I 08:40:03 Writing Image...

I 08:41:48 Synchronising Cache...

I 08:41:57 Closing Track...

I 08:41:58 Finalising Disc...

W 08:42:31 Potential 'WaitImmediateIO' Deferred Error - (0/2) - Write Error

E 08:47:19 Finalise Disc Failed! - Reason: Cannot Write Medium - Incompatible Format

I 08:47:19 Finalising Disc (Last Attempt!)...

E 08:47:19 Finalise Disc Failed! - Reason: Cannot Write Medium - Incompatible Format

E 08:47:19 Failed to Write Image!

E 08:47:23 Operation Failed! - Duration: 00:16:41

I 08:47:23 Average Write Rate: 6,958 KB/s (5.0x) - Maximum Write Rate: 10,550 KB/s (7.6x)

I 08:48:30 Close Request Acknowledged

I 08:48:30 Closing Down...

I 08:48:30 Shutting down SPTI...

I 08:48:30 ImgBurn closed!

Edited by ImNotMikeyB

NotMickey8, Try burning those Sonys at manual speed of 2.4X not max. For sure fire results though, we reccomend Verbatim +R bland media both SL and DL formats. Its not the name of the disc thats important eg.... sony, memorex, whaterver, but the dye quality that is used on them. Verbatim work the best and always work. :)

Unfortunately I cannot control the speed at which it burns, apparently my driver does not support it. I can choose 2.4x on the drop down menu, but it still will not limit the burn to that speed. seems like the verbatim is my last resort

Edited by ImNotMikeyB

Can my drive burn out in the sence that it cannot write anymore? Or still can read (flawlessly). See I am pondering that, If the lens were to be burnt out or broken in some other sense, the enrite drive should not work at all, not to read or write. I mean I would get more specifc warnings indicating a malfunctioning drive right?

Built Iso, ( < 4.7gb) so I used DVD+R, then began to burn... this is the new point at which I get stuck at...

; Sunday, 08 April 2007, 01:40:42

;

;

I 01:10:02 ImgBurn Version 2.3.0.0 started!

I 01:10:02 Microsoft Windows XP Media Center Edition (5.1, Build 2600 : Service Pack 2)

I 01:10:02 Total Physical Memory: 2,095,596 KB - Available: 1,529,596 KB

I 01:10:02 Initialising SPTI...

I 01:10:02 Searching for SCSI / ATAPI devices...

I 01:10:02 Found 1 DVD?RW!

I 01:10:40 Operation Started!

I 01:10:40 Building Image Tree...

I 01:10:40 Checking Directory Depth...

I 01:10:40 Calculating Totals...

I 01:10:40 Preparing Image...

I 01:10:40 Checking Path Length...

I 01:10:40 Image Size: 4,595,580,928 bytes

I 01:10:40 Image Sectors: 2,243,936

I 01:10:40 Operation Successfully Completed! - Duration: 00:00:00

I 01:12:03 Operation Started!

I 01:12:03 Building Image Tree...

I 01:12:28 Checking Directory Depth...

I 01:12:28 Calculating Totals...

I 01:12:28 Preparing Image...

I 01:12:28 Checking Path Length...

I 01:12:28 Image Size: 4,595,580,928 bytes

I 01:12:28 Image Sectors: 2,243,936

I 01:12:30 Operation Successfully Completed! - Duration: 00:00:27

I 01:12:30 Operation Started!

I 01:12:30 Image Contents: 10 Files, 2 Folders

I 01:12:30 Image Sectors: 2,243,936

I 01:12:30 Image Size: 4,595,580,928 bytes

I 01:12:30 Image Single Layer Profile: DVD+R/RW (Media Capacity: 2,295,104)

I 01:12:30 Image Volume Identifier: WICKER_MAN

I 01:12:30 Image Application Identifier: IMGBURN V2.3.0.0 - THE ULTIMATE IMAGE BURNER!

I 01:12:30 Image Implementation Identifier: ImgBurn

I 01:12:30 Image File System(s): ISO9660, UDF (1.02)

I 01:12:30 Destination File: C:\Documents and Settings\Michael Bekesz\Desktop\wicker.iso

I 01:12:30 Destination Free Space: 25,939,419,136 bytes (25,331,464 KB) (24,737 MB) (24 GB)

I 01:12:30 Destination File System: NTFS

I 01:12:30 File Splitting: Auto

I 01:12:30 Writing Image...

I 01:20:35 Image MD5: dca127d57df761993d6569ad1f11838a

I 01:20:35 Operation Successfully Completed! - Duration: 00:08:05

I 01:20:35 Average Write Rate: 9,253 KB/s (6.7x) - Maximum Write Rate: 18,687 KB/s (13.5x)

I 01:20:59 Operation Started!

I 01:20:59 Source File: C:\Documents and Settings\Michael Bekesz\Desktop\wicker.iso

I 01:20:59 Source File Sectors: 2,243,936 (MODE1/2048)

I 01:20:59 Source File Size: 4,595,580,928 bytes

I 01:20:59 Source File Volume Identifier: WICKER_MAN

I 01:20:59 Source File Application Identifier: IMGBURN V2.3.0.0 - THE ULTIMATE IMAGE BURNER!

I 01:20:59 Source File Implementation Identifier: ImgBurn

I 01:20:59 Source File File System(s): ISO9660, UDF (1.02)

I 01:20:59 Destination Device: [0:1:0] TSSTcorp CD/DVDW TS-L532M HR08 (D:) (ATA)

I 01:20:59 Destination Media Type: DVD+R (Disc ID: SONY-D21-00) (Speeds: 2.4x, 4x, 8x)

I 01:20:59 Destination Media Sectors: 2,295,104

I 01:20:59 Write Mode: DVD

I 01:20:59 Write Type: DAO

I 01:20:59 Write Speed: MAX

I 01:20:59 Link Size: Auto

I 01:20:59 Test Mode: No

I 01:20:59 BURN-Proof: Enabled

I 01:21:01 Filling Buffer... (40 MB)

I 01:21:03 Writing LeadIn...

I 01:21:11 Writing Image... (LBA: 0 - 2243935)

I 01:31:45 Synchronising Cache...

I 01:31:55 Closing Track...

I 01:31:56 Finalising Disc...

W 01:32:28 Potential 'WaitImmediateIO' Deferred Error - (0/2) - Write Error

E 01:38:46 Finalise Disc Failed! - Reason: Cannot Write Medium - Incompatible Format

I 01:38:46 Finalising Disc (Last Attempt!)...

E 01:38:46 Finalise Disc Failed! - Reason: Cannot Write Medium - Incompatible Format

E 01:38:46 Failed to Write Image!

E 01:38:49 Operation Failed! - Duration: 00:17:46

I 01:38:49 Average Write Rate: 7,078 KB/s (5.1x) - Maximum Write Rate: 11,316 KB/s (8.2x)

I 01:40:41 Close Request Acknowledged

I 01:40:41 Closing Down...

I 01:40:42 Shutting down SPTI...

I 01:40:42 ImgBurn closed!

error3.bmp

(Refering To upper window in image--- Yeah, I sat there hitting retry for quite a while...)

Hope everyone is having a good holiday

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.