Book type settings

blikkies

Hi

I was fiddling with the book type settings and now I am getting sticky burns. Can you advise which settings I should use for booktype

I am using a plextor 755 and I have calibrated my MCC +R discs using the autostrategy feature of the plextor drive.

1. On the 'change book type' tab should I set setting to Normal or DVD-Rom

2 On the 'change advanced settings' which of the dropdowns should I select for autostartegy

Autoselection(default), Enabled(forced), Enabled, disabled

Thanks

Use whatever you need to use!

If your player works with the booktype left as DVD+R, there's no reason to perform booktyping.

That said, I very much doubt that's the cause of your problems.

As for the AutoStrategy thing, well 'Auto Selection' is the default one so you might aswell leave it on that.

If in doubt, you should reset the drives database by using PlexTools.

Not sure but I think I tracked it down to my dvd player. Discs work fine on friends player. If I do a lens clean then disc play ok for a movie or two with occasional stick for few seconds here and there. After two movies it sticks again typically almost always around the 50 minute mark. However -R Verbs seem to be ok

Time for a new one then mate...the new breed of loss leaders and $20-$30 units will play almost whatever you can throw at them, and when they finally screw up, you can toss them without bad feelings since you didn't spend big $ on them anyway..... :thumbup:

• 5 months later...

I have Samsung SH-S203B and using ImgBurn 2.3.2.0. Why I cannot see current Book Type? I go to "Change Book Type", choose "Samsung" tab, choose DVD type but in string "Current Setting" remains the same - "Unknown (Drive doesn't report it!)". I tried to enter Drive ID in "Change Book Type - Advanced" dialog box but nothing has changed.

So, how can I check current Book Type?

Is should all be automatic now so just forget about it and burn.

Ok, but what happens when I set the Book Type manually (for example "DVD-ROM")? ImgBurn says that it changes successfully, but what should I do next time I will want to burn DVD? Should I change it again to "DVD-ROM" if I want to burn Video DVD, and should I change it back to "Normal" if I want to burn normal DVD?

ImgBurn automatically sets the booktype to DVDROM for all discs when burnt with supporting drives (Samsung being one of them).

You don't ever need to touch the settings. If you want to leave one as 'normal' (no real reason to), you'd need to turn off the automatic bitsetting option on the 'Write' tab in the settings.

When it's OFF, you must then set the booktype manually for every single burn you do.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.