You got to love Dell

kirk1701™

Actually, if the customer cussed at us we warned them, if they continued we had the right to disconnect the call :thumbup:

I was a lead on the floor at this place when it closed down (I left before it closed for another job and YES they relocated the call center to India). Anyhow, I got to talk to all the irate ones who asked for a supervisor, some I was able to help and others were mostly business customers with efficient (brand name) routers who could not connect so we used telnet to connect to the router and then we knew the problem was with the internal network :thumbup: not the DSL connection.

So, our next question was can you connect with any of your PC's? If they said yes, our reply was "contact your network administrator" and they would reply with something like "I am the network admin" =))

At this point, we gave them a reason to call tech support, it was called "reset factory defaults" on the efficient router :thumbup:

Gotta love that. LMAO.

That's one of the great things about part-time jobs. You can quit or get fired and it doesn't affect your employment record at all.

I had a part time job once I absolutely hated, so I just ditched my shift one day. I called back the next and said, "Just tell me I'm fired and I'll be in to get my check next pay day." The stupid bitch actually lied to me. "Oh no, you're not fired. We just have to talk." Of course, when I got there, I was fired. But technically I'd abandoned the job so they couldn't fire me. The dumb asshole was too stupid to even realize that. When I did get my last check they tried to get me to sign some bullshit. I looked at the store manager and said, "I know I don't have to sign anything and you know I don't have to sign anything. Now give me my check." When you know your rights, it's a lot harder for them to fuck with you.

Conference in the president of Ameritech? Don't you love it when customers try that kind of horseshit? They're so stupid they think they'll actually scare you or something. What a joke.

If a customer got to annoying, I would "accidently" hit the disconnect button. "Sorry, bawse, there's so many dern buttons on this heah phone, I jes' gets all confused when they's yellin' and cussin' me."

Fuck 'em. Dell. What a joke. If you've have a Dell and it works for you, great deal. But they'll never get any of my money again. Never.

Yep, I know the feelin' Pain_Man

He called back and got the other call center who then reported me to the opts man. My boss got the paperwork from the operations manager to have me fired, only by the time he got around to it I was gone =))

The standing policy was:

1.) Ask if they had a home network.

2.) If they said yes, then we were to tell them, "Sorry, sir/ma'am, we can't help you until you disconnect the Dell inquestion from the network, uninstall all network software and drivers and then call us back. Until then, there's nothing I can help you with." <click!>

If you got three or four calls like that, your call time would go way down usually. The "goal" was 15mins a call. My avg was about 12. One guy I worked with actually had an avg of 9 mins. The managers bitched him out about that saying he wasn't spending enough "quality time" with the customers. (Apparenlty Dell wanted a minimum number of mins per customer.) This was despite the fact that he and I became friendly and sat next to each other frequently. He almost always solved the problem. But it didn't matter. He was "out of the zone" or something and that's what they cared about. Not whether the problem had been solved.

Sometimes I'd argue with the customers just to see if they'd be eavesdropping. If so, they never let on. Sometimes the stupidity just got to be too much. "How can you own a fucking computer?! You're probably can't zip your fly!"

Actually, if the customer cussed at us we warned them, if they continued we had the right to disconnect the call :thumbup:

I was a lead on the floor at this place when it closed down (I left before it closed for another job and YES they relocated the call center to India). Anyhow, I got to talk to all the irate ones who asked for a supervisor, some I was able to help and others were mostly business customers with efficient (brand name) routers who could not connect so we used telnet to connect to the router and then we knew the problem was with the internal network :thumbup: not the DSL connection.

So, our next question was can you connect with any of your PC's? If they said yes, our reply was "contact your network administrator" and they would reply with something like "I am the network admin" =))

At this point, we gave them a reason to call tech support, it was called "reset factory defaults" on the efficient router :thumbup:

OMG PM

Convergys wanted our call handle times below 8 minutes a call <_<

If I remember correctly it had something to do with after 8 minutes they were loosing money or it costs the client (Ameritech) more money for that call.

We had a few that actually met those goals but you know they were not doing the job correctly.

My average was around 12 minutes also

The standing policy was:

2.) If they said yes, then we were to tell them, "Sorry, sir/ma'am, we can't help you until you disconnect the Dell inquestion from the network, uninstall all network software and drivers and then call us back. Until then, there's nothing I can help you with." <click!>

If you got three or four calls like that, your call time would go way down usually. The "goal" was 15mins a call. My avg was about 12. One guy I worked with actually had an avg of 9 mins. The managers bitched him out about that saying he wasn't spending enough "quality time" with the customers. (Apparenlty Dell wanted a minimum number of mins per customer.) This was despite the fact that he and I became friendly and sat next to each other frequently. He almost always solved the problem. But it didn't matter. He was "out of the zone" or something and that's what they cared about. Not whether the problem had been solved.

Sometimes I'd argue with the customers just to see if they'd be eavesdropping. If so, they never let on. Sometimes the stupidity just got to be too much. "How can you own a fucking computer?! You're probably can't zip your fly!"

I had to call Gateway with a question about my rig's TV Tuner card. I actually got an American. At least one company's still using American TSRs.

After all, that's the way most people--who don't got to college or teach themselves programming like my brother--get into IT. Take away those jobs...

OMG PM

Convergys wanted our call handle times below 8 minutes a call <_<

If I remember correctly it had something to do with after 8 minutes they were loosing money or it costs the client (Ameritech) more money for that call.

We had a few that actually met those goals but you know they were not doing the job correctly.

My average was around 12 minutes also

The standing policy was:

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.