command line options and *.ibb

smok3

so i have some trouble combining *.ibb files and command line options which will evetually lead to program nonresponsivnes..., so the questions are basically:

1. can i combine command line parameters and ibb at all?

2. if 1=yes, than what is the minimum allowed ibb files? (i would just need a file listing basically, everything else i would like to provide via command line?)

3. edit: and what do i need on my system path? is imgburn.exe enough (iam trying to do a portable solution basically)?

tnx in advance for any suggestions.

p.s. example is in the attachement.

pack.zip

Edited by smok3

It's fine to leave stuff out of the IBB (as well you know), but due to the way things work at startup, the IBB will normally load after some of the CLI bits (i.e. volume labels) have been shoved in the approriate boxes.

I've just made a few changes (I noticed some odd goings on!) and have added additional code to the IBB loading function so that it won't erase the text from fields that weren't actually present in the IBB. It should have worked like that right from the start to be honest, my bad!

Do you have an example of where the program gets nonresponsive? I obviously need to stop it ever getting to that stage! - although having said that, some of the changes I've just made might already do it.

tnx for fast reply,

the attached example in my first post should stop the imgburn (as soon as the gui opens).

p.s. will do some test on 2nd xp machine in next few hours and report back...

Edited by smok3

OH... well it seemed to work ok on mine :/

If you have 'Auto Calculate' enabled, try unchecking that box and try again.

Also, your command line should include /BUILDMODE IMAGEFILE

Oh and incase it's of any interest, if you pass an IBB as the source and do so without a path name (hence it can't be found), I've now made it so it'll look in the current directory for the file, and if it finds one, use that file.

That means you can leave off the 'F:\' bit if it's in the same folder as your batch file.

ok, i just tested 2.3.1.0, and now it does not hang, however gui begs for a volume label, but i did include that in the command line, like:

imgburn /BUILDMODE IMAGEFILE /MODE isobuild /FILESYSTEM "udf" /VOLUMELABEL "my_test" /ROOTFOLDER no /NOIMAGEDETAILS /CLOSE /START /SRC "f:\testproj.ibb" /DEST "d:\test3.iso"

edit: never mind, found the problem, just had to clean the ibb a bit, so it only goes like:

IBB

[sTART_BACKUP_LIST]

C:\Fraps

C:\Python24

C:\totalcmd

[END_BACKUP_LIST]

Edited by smok3

lol yes that's one way of doing it I guess!

If the two markers aren't in there, none of the settings get changed because it doesn't attempt to parse the IBB file for them.

I'm not sure if the way you're using it is 'by design', but so long as it works! lol

actually another question: is it possible from command line (or from gui) that input gets striped down to N isos, based on size? (i want to backup to single-layer and/or dual-layer dvd's at the end..)

p.s. in build stage that is of course.

Edited by smok3

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.