ImgRe-Make ?

user_

Hi, First great work with Imgburn, keep it up.

I was wondering if you, LIGHTNINGUK would consider making a DvDauthoring tool just like DvDShrink?

I think it would be a good idea since DvDShrink cant keep up with current DvDs for much longer, and it would be a great combonation with Imgburn.

Hope you read this.

Edited by user_

_user might mean that he/she wants a tool that shrinks the video to a single layer DVD. I dont think decrypting DVDs is in the question. Which, ironically, is probably what the question is about. What is wrong with DVD Decrypter and DVD Shrink together? Uh, did I just type that out loud? :)

think it would be a good idea since DvDShrink cant keep up with current DvDs for much longer

Dvdshrink can do any movie released, It just struggles now to be an all in one solution, as it cannot defeat protection.

It can re-author anything that has no protection.

Dvdshrink can do any movie released

It may be able to Re-Author any movie released, but it cant Re-Author with good quality with HD and BlueRay, and even some DVD9s.

I'm wondering why you'd bother re-authoring a 25gig disk. Even if you managed to compress just the movie content, it's still going to be one huge arsed file. If it could fit on a DVD9 it'd look like crap, which defeats the purpose of having hi-def in the first place. Seems pretty pointless paying a thousand dollars for a hi-def player and then trying to squeeze the content onto a DVD. You might as well just buy the DVD in the first place. Or am I missing something?

I'm wondering why you'd bother re-authoring a 25gig disk. Even if you managed to compress just the movie content, it's still going to be one huge arsed file. If it could fit on a DVD9 it'd look like crap, which defeats the purpose of having hi-def in the first place. Seems pretty pointless paying a thousand dollars for a hi-def player and then trying to squeeze the content onto a DVD. You might as well just buy the DVD in the first place. Or am I missing something?

Well if you had a blue-ray disk and you just wanted to cut out parts of the dvd that you didnt want then you wouldnt be able to, and even if you just wanted to compress it down enough so its still good quality but smaller so you could save a few gig on your hard drive.

• 1 year later...
If you are meaning a DVD Ripper by
I think it would be a good idea since DvDShrink cant keep up with current DvDs for much longer
then I think I am safe in saying that the boss will NOT be doing that again.

how do you re-author the movie...shrink it down to single layer disc...i keep getting the error "not enough room on disc"to burn the file onto a dvd disc.

• 3 weeks later...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.