umm question about DVD +R DL...

nycjv321

i just got some Verbatim DVD +R DL's and was wondering on the box it says "for use only in DVD+R DL Hardware" well what about DVD-Rom drives? will they be able to read them? like its common sense it wont work on a CD drive but will it work on DVD-Rom\CD drives? because most Movie DVD's are DL and work fine in DVD-Rom drives so should a DVD+R DL apply as well. or will the drive have to have the logo on the drive stating its ability to read DL discs? or would i have to change book settings before burning? If so can someone explain how to do this? any ideas thx in advance!

Edited by nycjv321

just change the booktype to rom before burning as long as your burner supports bitsetting

ok is this right then

1)run imgburn

2)click little bookicon

3)go to Lite-On tab

4)in the "change for" drop down box change it for either next write or a specific type like DVD +R DL in my case (so it burns to DVD-ROM with only certain DVD's? types)

5)in the "new settings" drop down box change it to DVD-ROM?

6)click change and done?

7)then continue to burn Dual Layer ISO and when finished it will then reset book type since i set it to next write?

if so then DAMN i should have done this before then! thx dude i never knew. Also Imgburn WOW all these settings i learn a new one every day! lol Best Image Burning application! Ever!!!

personally i dont use next write , i set dual layer +r media to always be rom

always verify your burns and the log will confirm the booktype under verification

I 17:55:28 Source Media Type: DVD+R DL (Book Type: DVD-ROM) (Disc ID: MKM-001-00) (Speeds: 2,4x; 4x; 6x; 8x)

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.