Nero and ImgBurn

DVDBoy

I also get that error while trying to send a private message. After a few tests I found that one or more words from my text were causing the forum to return the 403 Forbidden Apache web server message.

The solution is to try and find which line/paragraph gives the 403 error and rewrite it in another way and/or using another words.

I haven't been able to iron out the exact word(s) myself because my text is very long, but maybe I'll try later...

UPDATE: I've just found out that the forbidden word I was using was /e t c (without spaces), which could be seen by the webserver as a *nix path and, thus, forbidden to be messed with.

Edited by mmalves

This is first site to do something like this.

Anyway, I fixed my problem.

It is a conflict between Nero and ImgBurn. Because if you do full install of Nero, even without InCD, the ImgBurn will not write to single layer DVDs. It get stuck with the message like Locking acces to the device.

Do not want to use brackets for the site to kick me out.

Edited by DVDBoy

This is first site to do something like this.

Anyway, I fixed my problem.

It is a conflict between Nero and ImgBurn. Because if you do full install of Nero, even without InCD, the ImgBurn will not write to single layer DVDs. It get stuck with the message like Locking acces to the device.

Do not want to use brackets for the site to kick me out.

its not really a conflict between IB and Nero I have Nero on my comp and theres no problems . If you cant lock the drive for exclusive access in IB then some other progran is using the drive or has an open handle on it just close whatever program and all will be fine

This is for polopony,cornholio and Ifcrule

403 issue and Nero were two different things.

I solved Nero versus ImgBurn by disassociating some DVD file extensions in Nero and ImgBurn is fine now.

403 issue is still there and if you look at the post it is not only my problem.

I do not have message that returned that error and I did not see anything strange in that message that I would consider it not being allowed.

When I opened this post today I got screen asking me to send the message which returned the error. How would I do that if the message generates the error?

I think if the characters are not allowed you should not be able to type them, or it should warn you about that. How do you expect somebody to decifer there message so it works?

Edited by DVDBoy

I have no control over the server.

If the security stuff running on the server doesn't like something you're typing in, you just have to edit your post. We're all in exactly the same boat here.

I've not had a 403 message in aaaaaaages now and clearly I do post quite often and I've posted a lot of normal logs.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.