More Problems with Neighbor

kirk1701™

Some might remembers this:

Mess2.jpg

We'll, couple a weeks ago I set out some dogwood trees in our front yard. Me being Me and everything having to be perfect I wanted them centered in front of the house across the front of the property. Yes, this does require a measuring tape and knowledge of how to add, subtract and divide; :smartarse: not just count the steps from one side of the property to the other and divide the number of steps into the number of trees :westside:

Which is how the next door neighbor would have you believe is the proper way to do it :wacko:

In the process of doing my own survey of the property using the blueprint that was made of the property when we bought the house low and behold all this garbage was a wee bit further over then I thought AND ON ME!!!! :angry:

Line1.jpg

Neighbors being the neighbors they picked a spot that suited them and put up their own property line :doh:

I told you it got funny fast....

Line2.jpg

Yes, the little orange flags are where the neighbors "draw the line" Kinda funny it ends with the logs all on her side of the line :whistling:

Line3.jpg

After a couple days, neighbors start breaking the stakes I'd put out even broke steel fence posts down and cut the rope I had strung from the surveyors stakes that were still in the ground from 6 years ago when we bought the property.

Another punchline. We were told we moved a fence post which was the line at the back of the property, this fence post is a wooded 6X6 which has been in the ground what looks like about 50 years :swear:

So, 1-800-call for new survey...

Pay another $300 to find what we already know, but if neighbor pulls up surveyors stakes this time she can be prosecuted ;)

Low and Behold, now she's really pissed. Survey comes out further over them my measurements =))

Now, all the logs are on us :whistling:

Line4.jpg

Line5.jpg

So, we asked her to move them, we showed her where the line was and asked her again, we proved to her where the line is and asked again and she still refused to move them. Told us today she was advised not to talk to us, she was not moving the logs and if we wanted them moved to move it ourselves :angry:

Now, the boyfriend comes over, we call him OJ after OJ Simpson since he was accused of murdering his wife and got away scott free. Now, all the sudden when boyfriend is there she has a mouth and starts talking loud enough we can hear her from our porch screaming "I wonder when that surveyor coming" :chair:

[Rant Mode]Uhhh, time out just a sec,

Side Note: Neighbor does not have a pot to piss in nor a Window to throw it out of. Retired FBI agent and had to go back to work at 75 years of age to make ends meat. Oh, she don't eat meat and she only has herself to support on a retired FBI agents income :whistle:

Yea, somethings wrong. [/RantModeOff]

Now I know some would say "move the logs" but you know what, we just spent $2800 on tree removal, half of that cost is the price to have them hauled off so this is why the logs are where they are at, she don't want to look at the crap so she stuck it behind her fence so she don't see the mess and too lazy to take the time to pile them up and strike a match to them or pay like we did to have them hauled off.

Besides, if we moved them I could see her saying we damaged something on her property in the progress.

So, left with no recourse we called a number I got from a friend, didn't even know this existed in local city government its called "Property Enforcement" just for issues like this where someone is or has their belongings on your property and refuses to move it. We should be hearing back from them on Monday

Other then removing the logs ourselves, anyone have any good ideas on who else to call?

I'll update the thread with new developments as they happen. Providing we don't end up in county lockup :mugshot:

Just a look at the two houses side by side:

Neighbors:

Mess3.jpg

Our House with neighbors house at right side:

House.jpg

Edited by kirk1701

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Other then removing the logs ourselves, anyone have any good ideas on who else to call?

Think outside the box, Grasshopper. Put an ad in your local newspaper/supermarket for free firewood. You get rid of the timber and they get something for nothing.

if you want to annoy the piss out of the neighbor then sell something at a steal and use his phone # ie leather couch and loveseat for sale, moving, everything must go please call neighbors # ,no reasonable offer refused post those on phone poles supermarkets etc let them answer a few hundred call it'll keep em busy

Think outside the box, Grasshopper. Put an ad in your local newspaper/supermarket for free firewood. You get rid of the timber and they get something for nothing.

Thats why its there Shamus, its soft pine and burns quick and clogs up the chimney or something like that so no one wants it for firewood.

Besides, mom wants to take the "Legal route" here because were expecting this to become a court date. ;)

if you want to annoy the piss out of the neighbor then sell something at a steal and use his phone # ie leather couch and loveseat for sale, moving, everything must go please call neighbors # ,no reasonable offer refused post those on phone poles supermarkets etc let them answer a few hundred call it'll keep em busy

Now there's a thought. We do have a local paper that allows "Free Ads" if you place it online for items under $100

Anyone intrested in placing the ad for me? So they can't backtract to my IP :pirate:=))

That brought to mind this story I read recently...

Everything taken including kitchen sink

perhaps you read the same story polo...

its worth sorting out kirk, cos I know here in the UK a boundary change becomes law after, I think, 7 years. So if somebody moves their fence onto your land its theirs in 7 years...

Not like that here, our deed is recorded at the court house, its public record and can't be changed.

Something tells me neighbor don't know the difference between a public record and a pubic hair

I'll be sure to update the thread in the next few weeks when Property Enforcement makes OJ move the crap.

Hell, might even upload video of OJ doing manual labor =))

Kirk;

Have you checked the zoning laws? Maybe their fence is in violation and it would be a shame if they were orded to move it. Then there's set-backs and a whole world of other crap you can bring into play if you really want... :rolleyes:

:whistling::whistling::whistling: Shit Disturber Spinner................ :lol::lol: . We have the same type of Zoning Bylaws up here, works well when it's in our favour.......... :ermm::ermm::lol:

Kirk;

Have you checked the zoning laws? Maybe their fence is in violation and it would be a shame if they were orded to move it. Then there's set-backs and a whole world of other crap you can bring into play if you really want... :rolleyes:

Yes Spinner, she's OK on the fence its well behind the line.

We've checked into that because we have a fence in the back previous owners put up and once again, they too just threw it up without looking for the property line as you can tell from the pic above :sleeping: or, trees were on the property line and this was the only straight path they could take without cutting down trees.

So, its being moved soon as the logs are up and the zoning laws here is 6 inches off the line, thats where its going and I'm going to till the ground up on the inside so the water will now drain down on her rather then it landscaped the way it is now to drain to the street.

She best be building an ark, think my mom has her indian temper stired up now and she's going to in her words "wash the bitch away" =))

@kev

Shit Disturber? LMAO =))

Yea, neighbor has stired the pot for the last time and now while it stinks were dumping it in her face :thumbup:

Gotta run, tree cutting service just pulled up to give us an estimate on the two trees that need to be cut where the fence is being moved.

You know, I think I need to start some kinda blog or web site and get the word out locally so she can see her house on the net and how stupid she looks :thumbup:

Edited by kirk1701

No call needed IFC, the old biddy moved them last night and boy was she mad =))

I got stuck in the garage and didn't have my camera, I didn't want to interupt the show to go in the house and get the camera because she was screaming obcenities and throwing her middle finger up at the side windows of the house as if we were looking out at her. :D

Actually, I was watching just not where she thought I was watching from so it was funny.

I'll get some pics later, got a project started now. Two more tree's on the property line to be took down, calling the fence Co. to move the fence then I'm going to landscape the backyard so the water runs DOWN HILL!!!

That's funny Kirk pleased to see the moaning old biddy is getting her comeuppence ! Want me to place and ad for you mate ? :whistle: Perhaps she might offer personal services !! :lol:

Problem solved! =))

It was so funny watching this 70 year old woman move these logs, waving her middle finger while her boyfriend watched and supervised in his italian suit =))

I kid you not!!!

Mess5.jpg

Now, time for a fence and they are coming tomorrow for an estimate :thumbup:

Oh did I just get an idea from a friend, =))

Get it out in the neighborhood of the good christrian woman next door who got video taped waving her finger at the house while she was moving the logs and its now on utube :whistling:

Nahh, I wouldn't do that to a little old woman :innocent:

Edited by kirk1701

It was so funny watching this 70 year old woman move these logs,

and how old are you kirk?

I'm 37 corny but your point being?

I should have moved them? Wrong, my mom wouldn't even hire it done because she was affraid the neighbor would sue us.

then I'm going to landscape the backyard so the water runs DOWN HILL!!!

That seems a strange thing to do for someone worried about being sued just for shifting logs over the boundary.

Local rules where I live don't allow you to make any changes that would direct water onto a neighbouring property.

so I guess puting aligators in the moat is a no no too =)) Check to see if turning off the electric to the fence during daylight hours will be OK and stand fast on the drawbridge . :lol:

Castle Kirk has a nice ring to it :horse:

hmmmmm , she's a retired female FBI agent dont tell me her name is Clarise , beware of the no hard feelings dinner invite =))=))=))

then I'm going to landscape the backyard so the water runs DOWN HILL!!!

That seems a strange thing to do for someone worried about being sued just for shifting logs over the boundary.

Local rules where I live don't allow you to make any changes that would direct water onto a neighbouring property.

Actually, I'll be putting it back to the original landscape so tell me this PaulD; How you keep water from going downhill? Yes, she's downhill from us and I detoured the water to go between our two homes and run to the street so she WOULDN'T get washed away :wub:

I know, what was I thinking. Run the water to the street, someone please kick me :)

so I guess puting aligators in the moat is a no no too =)) Check to see if turning off the electric to the fence during daylight hours will be OK and stand fast on the drawbridge . :lol:

Castle Kirk has a nice ring to it :horse:

hmmmmm , she's a retired female FBI agent dont tell me her name is Clarise , beware of the no hard feelings dinner invite =))=))=))

Actually, the truth is she worked in the gift shop or something, she claimed to be a retired FBI agent but she lived with another neighbors daughtor when they first went to Virginia, both left here many years ago to take the jobs at the same time. So, now she uses the "FBI" to try to intimidate people with it :o

Funny thing is, a couple a years back she went for shooting lessons :wub: what does that tell yu...

Are you guys ready for a good laugh :thumbup:

Sit down because your going to need to after this.

Neighbor calls cops not once today but TWICE!!! =))

OK, first time was about 9:30 AM. Talking to the neighbor on the other side of us yesterday and made us aware of a tree that was dying so of course today I cut it down and cut it into manageable lengths and struck a match to it on the burner. Next thing I know, same cop from the other day when we called pulls up :thumbup:

I think by now the cop is thinking to himself "Hackfields & McCoys"

Behind the cop up pulls a firetruck and someone reported a uncontrolled burn :wacko:

The cop and the fire Dept agreed my fire was well within a 10X10 confined area and was controlled and not near any brush or wooded area so cop goes to neighbors door =))

Now, if that wasn't funny enough here we go again. About 3 PM UPS delivers some DVD's :thumbup:

If only the neighbor knew the cold hard truth about the verbs =)) I'd be in deep po po :o

So, since I was working in the front yard I took the package and set it on the portch, UPS parked on the street and then turned around in uhhh, you guessed it "the neighbors driveway"

Next think I know, up pulls the same cop from this morning and now he's HOT!!!

He said neighbor reported delivery trucks in her driveway? I said WHAT!! as I had no idea at this point it was UPS and now, out comes the neighbor and out comes my mom.

Neighbor starts telling cop that UPS delivers to us and parks in her driveway and she wants it stopped. I think the cop was ready to bust a ball laughing and tried to tell the lady we had no controll over UPS and that she needed to call them is she wanted something done. After a few more words and a heated descussion between neighbor and my mom which cop had to finally tell the neighbor to go home =))

The cop now talks to my mom a min and tells her, OK if she calls again I will call you before I drive all the way out here so unless its physical he won't bother again :thumbup:

Now, the rest of the neighborhood is up in arms and wants her gone also :whistling:

I swear I'm going to make a soap opera out of this =))

hey want me to get a few of my fedx and dhl friends plus a few Ups trucks to take lunch every day at your

house just to piss her off more? :thumbup:

:thumbup:

Jerseyguy I forgot about you working with ups

now this could be a great idea =))

Now there's an idea there also polo :thumbup:

One small problem, she don't have a mail box because she can't get along with the delivery person and she has a PO Box that no one knows what the address is :whistling:

I bet I could find it though =)) if I wanted to

order her a subscription to just about every magazine you can think of and check the bill me later box you could start with Playgirl :thumbup:

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.