I/O Error; Fails to read Original DVD's

Pookey

Hi,

When i try to burn a dvd (any original) ImgBurn completes around 1000 sectors before it comes up with

I/O Error!

Device: [1:1:0] LITE-ON DVDRW SOHW-16135 AS04 (F:) (ATAPI)

ScsiStatus: 0x02

Interpretation: Check Condition

CDB: 28 00 00 00 03 DC 00 00 01 00

Interpretation: Read (10) - Sector: 988

Sense Area: 70 00 05 00 00 00 00 0A 00 00 00 00 6F 03 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00

Interpretation: Read of Scrambled Sector Without Authentication

I'm using Windows XP SP2.

It burns (reads/writes) burnt DVD's and DVD decryptor (3.5.4.0) will read/write the ones that ImgBurn won't.

Sorry if it's something obvious.

you'd have to search on the net for the answer im afraid.

we cant/wont/dont discuss circumventing copy protection in here. The board is run from a country where its illegel to copy these type of discs( even as a back up) even if you own the original shop bought one

• 1 month later...
ImgBurn doesn't read protected discs, such as commercial movie DVDs.

Why is that a copyright problem. I have it with other DVDs I try to READ/Copy. It only started when I bought a new Sony DVD drive. I get it with DVDs I burned from home Camcorder . Are you sure it is a copyright thing??

It only started when I bought a new Sony DVD drive. I get it with DVDs I burned from home Camcorder . Are you sure it is a copyright thing??

home made video burned onto disc wouldnt be copy protected ( i would of thought) so maybe this points at your drives ability to read . what OS are you using ? vista ?

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.