Read Errors

Snapperhead

Hi again,

I've had a bad CD day, trying in vain to back-up some old old DVD's with more scratches on them than a rappers vinal LP !!!

Have literally spent half a day in vain with nothing but errors using CloneDVD2, Nero, and AnyDVD Ripper.......... alas to no avail.

Having used Imageburn b4, but not much else other than the above, what's the best way to overcome the read errors caused by scratched CD's ?

The reason I ask is that my ImageBurn 2.2.0.0 is now up to 2 read errors with over 102 retries so far, with a read ratebetween 26 KB/s and 0 with only 38 % completed.

Firstly how does it actually deal with read errors, and will writing 0's into the .iso cause a normal household DVD player to freeze etc when played back after burning ?

Also, do I have to un-install version 2.2.0.0 to install the new 2.3.whatever version ? Or just install it over the top......

Thanx again for your patience....... Cheers from Melbourne.

Paul.

I have done everything except use some cut & polish paste.

I have tried both my LiteOn LH-18A1P (DVD?RW) and also my LG GCC-4520B (CDRW/DVD) to no avail.

Are there any settings I need to alter at all ? i.e. I/O interface settings are ElbyCDIO - Elaborate Bytes....?

Also what about the ImageBurn update question ??

Thanx again....

Cheers ;)

I have done everything except use some cut & polish paste.

Try toothpaste - and not the whole tube. Just a little on your finger with the disk under running water. Be very, very gentle as toothpaste is an abrasive.

Also what about the ImageBurn update question ??

Install over the top and see what happens.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.