Where is the build button?

MattM

Hi, I have just downloaded ImgBurn. Very nice program. I am following instructions found here to make an XP CD out of my OEM installation:

http://www.howtohaven.com/system/createwin...setupdisk.shtml

It says the following:

Finally, click the "Build" icon at the bottom of the window. To find out which picture the "Build" button is (there are no visual cues, even as to which picture actually represents a button), hover your mouse over the the pictures near the bottom of the window and wait for the tooltip to appear. When you hover your mouse over the correct picture, a tooltip will appear with the text "Build". Note: if you can't find the "Build" button (or if you see a "Write" button instead), it means you did not carry out one of my earlier steps. In particular, you did not select the Build mode earlier. Go back and redo everything from that step onwards.

I do not see a Build button though. I went through the instructions and made sure I did everything correct, but I don't see the build button, only a write button. Does anyone have any suggestions? They would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Edited by MattM

I do not see a Build button .... only a write button. Does anyone have any suggestions? They would be greatly appreciated.

Yes - click the tiny Switch to image file output button just to the top left of the Write button. In build mode ImgBurn can either write the built image straight to a blank disk in your DVDRW drive, or write the built image to an image file on your hard drive. You currently have ImgBurn set for the first kind of output, in which the Build button is actually labelled Write. Just click the "toggle output type" button I mentioned, and the Write button will change to a Build button.

Here's what they look like :

Write:

post-4902-1178242819_thumb.jpg

Build:

post-4902-1178242926_thumb.jpg

Switch to image file output:

post-4902-1178242998_thumb.jpg

Switch to device output:

post-4902-1178242978_thumb.jpg

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.