Help Burning DL DVDs

MrClean

Hello. I Just got a Dual-Layer DVD burner and would like to make backup copies of some of my more prized DVDs - many of which are dual-layer.

Would someone mind sending me a How-To guide or Instructions, so I don't end up making a bunch of expensive coasters? ;)

I have burned several using DVD Shrink and Nero onto DVD-R disks, but with my HDTV I would like to try and conserve as much of the quality as possible.

Also, if anyone knows how to preserve the anamorphic widescreen setting (or set it) I would love to know.

I will have a seperate post for a question on converting PAL to NTSC.

Thanks for your time!

Mike - aka MrClean.

Edited by MrClean

The Guides section has useful information about using ImgBurn.

Your original DVDs (single and dual layer) may have protection, and ImgBurn doesn't read protected discs. We can't help you with that, so you'll have to search/ask somewhere else about that. Discs that aren't protected can be perfectly read with ImgBurn in Read mode.

If you have any doubts about using ImgBurn we'll be glad to help you :)

Thanks for your response!

I know the disks can't be protected and I have looked through the Guides section. I was just a little nervous about trying dual-layer since it is brand new to me. I would also like to preserve the menus, subtitles, extras, and anamorphic widescreen if possible.

Thanks again - Mike.

I know the disks can't be protected and I have looked through the Guides section. I was just a little nervous about trying dual-layer since it is brand new to me. I would also like to preserve the menus, subtitles, extras, and anamorphic widescreen if possible.

If ImgBurn can read the discs and make an ISO image of them, when you burn that ISO image to dual-layer media it'll be an exact copy of the original, no changes whatsoever. By the way, only use Verbatim DVD+R DL media (it's the only good one), and burn at 2.4x for best results.

By the way, only use Verbatim DVD+R DL media (it's the only good one), and burn at 2.4x for best results.

I bought some Memorex DVD+R DL already. Do you think I should return them?

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.