ImgBurn Waiting for buffers to recover... Waiting for hard disk activity to reach threshold level...

karen cito

are you sure the mobo is usb2? how old is the pc?

just trying to find out more info to help you

It's about 2-3 years old. Def USb 2.0. Its a p4 2.7 with 2 gb of ram

make sure the hard drive has plenty of free space and is reasonably defragged

never try usb to usb drive on the same controller, too much I/O for one, with them sharing a cable to the hub especially

• 1 year later...

All of a sudden ImgBurn is taking hours upon hours to burn a simple photograph data DVD on a portable PC built-in DVD burner.

The error log seems to indicate the hard disk is slow --- but how do I find the cause?

I already installed the very latest ImgBurn and defragmented the hard disks.

I also turned off everything so nothing was running except the anti-virus and firewall and other tray items.

Is there a program I can use to find out why ImgBurn can't get to the hard disks?

Please help!

Karen Cito

===========================================

I have also been bothered by the phenomenon that the burner stops in the middle of a burn, with the message of "Waiting for hard disk...". I found that Nero and other programs also show the same behaviour. It is caused by that your hard disk that your source material resides is "compressed" (check Property). To solve the problem, I created a small partition of 10GB, uncompressed (you can do it with 5GB if all you do is single layer DVD), and copy all the source material (files and folders) that were on "Compressed Volumes" to this partition first and then burn from there. I also burn with 12X speed on 16X media (Verbatim) as extra precaution. I have burned 30 DVDs since then with no slow down during the burn, all verified good. There may be other factors that caused the slow down in some user's case, but I believe this may account for 90% of them. A seemingly innocent suggestion of compression to save space by the OS would really cause problem in burning optical media!

Tony T

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.