After open ImgBurn Project file the ImgBurn freeze

GreenCat

I making 2 ImgBurn saved project files in Build mode for burning files

Its presets for burning CD data and DVD data

In CD data project file I set File system to ISO9660+Joliet and set destination to CD-RW drive

In DVD data project file I set File system to UDF and set destination to DVD-RW drive(second drive).

I open saved DVD data project file its open correct, I closing Imgburn.

Now I open saved CD data project file its freeze with message on bottom: Terminating Interface Thread...

And I have option to close Imgburn only from windows Task manager

Its Bug or I doing something wrong?

because I try this on 2 computers.

post-7201-1178566643_thumb.png

Edited by GreenCat

This happens to me too if the last mode I use is != Build mode.

For instance, I open Imgburn via the executable (imgburn.exe), select Read mode and exit, if I try to open a project (which is using Build mode) Imgburn will hang with that 'Terminating Interface Thread' message, now if I open Imgburn via the executable, select Build mode and exit, I can open the project and it'll not hang.

I hope I was clear :P

• 1 year later...

Have the same problem now with latest version 2.4.1.0

First, everything was fine.

Later I decided to experiment with AHCI mode, but discovered HDD speed drop, so reverted back to normal (not via system restore)

After that ImgBurn after opening "hangs" with "Terminating Interface thread" message". If I load a project, it does the same while displaying "Terminating Build Thread".

Then when I try to close it, it hangs forever with "Closing down". Killing via taskman doesn't work either - until after may be 10 minutes (2 threads left in processExplorer, the one seemingly executing is "ntdll.dll").

Tried to change the I/O from SPTD to ASAPI (because I removed SPTD as I thought it was causing me blue screens which eventually stopped after that, it was before experiments with AHCI, I didn't actually burn anything with ImgBurn in between but I opened and closed it to verify if it still works & sees the drive - without any problem or delay as described above which started yet when I passed into AHCI mode, but also then ElbyCheck removed me ivicd.sys for incompatibility - have no idea what this is and I don't know if and how I can restore it if it didn't come back after I went back to "Standard IDE controller" settings, the drive is usual Pioneer DVR-111D, I only see that it well uses iviaspi.dll).

OK, I removed and reinstalled ImgBurn - no change. I waited until it closes by itself after changing the mode from SPTD to ASAPI. Still the same problem.

Looking for some help here - what could I be missing and how to get it back working? (I mainly use Build mode for DVD-data with avi movies now).

Here's the latest log - completely typical for my latest problem

I 15:43:36 ImgBurn Version 2.4.1.0 started!

I 15:43:36 Microsoft Windows XP Professional (5.1, Build 2600 : Service Pack 3)

I 15:43:36 Total Physical Memory: 2 096 172 KB - Available: 1 331 416 KB

W 15:43:36 Drive D:\ (FAT32) does not support single files > 4 GB in size.

W 15:43:36 Drive E:\ (FAT32) does not support single files > 4 GB in size.

W 15:43:36 Drive F:\ (FAT32) does not support single files > 4 GB in size.

I 15:43:36 Initialising ASAPI...

I 15:43:36 ASAPI.DLL - ASAPI Driver Library - Version 5.0.0.2

I 15:43:36 Searching for SCSI / ATAPI devices...

I 15:43:36 Found 1 DVD

Edited by WillKatt

Make your own thread please and you might like to look in the faq about enabled I/O debug mode so I can see which command it's stuck processing (pressing F8 whilst it's open - and before you close it! - might be enough).

Then just copy + paste the extended log. (you might need to go via a text file in notepad if it's too long and then upload the file)

Oh and put it back on spti - probably best to uninstall and reinstall again.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.