Lg GSA-H42L bisetting still shows DVD+R DL alhough I changed it!

fchef

Hello guys, I am new here and I think I have a problem. I have the new Lg GSA-H42L and I changed the bisetting for +R DL to be DVD-ROM. I did it with Igmburn and also with DVD info.

But when I try to burn the info windows still shows as booktype DVD+R DL.

Why does this happen? Can I do something to solve this

Here are some screen shots also

post-7240-1178911477_thumb.jpg

post-7240-1178911485_thumb.jpg

Edited by fchef

ImgBurn automagically does the bitsetting/booktyping (when the drive supports it) for LG (HL-DT-ST), Samsung (TSSTcorp) and Lite-On drives.

Notice, though, that it'll only change to DVD-ROM under 'Physical Format Information (Last Recorded)' after you've burnt the disc. When you burn with Verify enabled (which you really should especially with dual-layer media), ImgBurn also states the booktype in the log when it starts the verification process:

I 20:35:30 Source Media Type: DVD+R (Book Type: DVD-ROM) (Disc ID: MKM-001-00) (Speeds: 2.4x)

You are aware that DVD-Audio and DVD-Video are two completely different standards, right?

ImgBurn can burn standard-compliant DVD-Video discs (movie DVDs), provided that you already have the data in the right format (VIDEO_TS folder, IFOs/BUPs/VOBs, etc.), as ImgBurn doesn't perform any kind of conversion.

I have more than 60 DVD-Audio discs, yes I know the diferrence.

I want to burn both Audio_ts and Video_ts ( a DVD-Audio disc which also has a DVD-Video part) and they are about 5GB. If it fits single layer I usually use Discjuggler. But now I need DL and I am worrying about the layer break.

That's why I want to know if Imgburn supports burning of this type. The data is in right format.

If you use ImgBurn in Read mode to make an ISO image of your DVD-Audio disc, then switch to Write mode to burn it to a disc, ImgBurn will preserve the same layer break position as the original disc. Notice, though, that if the DVD-Audio you've copied from has encryption/watermark, it won't play correctly.

• 9 months later...
If you use ImgBurn in Read mode to make an ISO image of your DVD-Audio disc, then switch to Write mode to burn it to a disc, ImgBurn will preserve the same layer break position as the original disc. Notice, though, that if the DVD-Audio you've copied from has encryption/watermark, it won't play correctly.

I have a sizable DVD-Audio collection that I want to backup simply because they are now out of print..:( and I don't feel like paying $100+ on Ebay just to have a backup copy..

yes they have copy protection and a watermark and I have tried everything possible with no success..

surely someone is up for the challenge to overcome this obstacle..either by removing the watermark off the tracks or modifying the MKB file so that your standalone player thinks it is seeing the original disc..

Any chance this can be done?

KS

Not by ImgBurn, no.

Yes I did give Imgburn a try and as reported the disc gets read - does play actually - but no sound and runs at a faster speed..

Am I correct in assuming that you have no interest in adding features to IMB to overcome these issues?

If the discs aren't protected then there shouldn't be an issue using Read -> Write modes.

I cannot and will not do anything to help you bypass any protection on the disc. To do so would be suicide for me.

I hear you loud and clear !

These remain the one format that cannot be copied - heck I have been able to back up my SACD collection

It's the ultimate irony - the one format not copyable yet the studios have abandoned the format and won't even do repressings of existing titles..

• 2 weeks later...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.