I go to buy CD/DVD Burner

Elad

I got a Pioneer at the start of the year and it's the best drive I have ever used. Previously I have had 3x NEC's which are solid and reliable and a BenQ that allows me to perform disc scans. For general use tho the Pioneer is the best !

when did pioneer implement autobitsetting for dvd+r?

afaik you had to use the buffalo firmware and pioneer burns dl best but the samsungs do sl better and bitsett with stock firmware

newer nec's aren't as good as the 35xx/45xx line???????

Edited by chewy

None of the Pioneers bitset DVD+R as standard, only DVD+R DL.

As you say chewy, you need the Buffalo firmware to get bitsetting on DVD+R SL media.

That's the whole reason people crossflash to the Buffalo firmware - otherwise there would be no point!

I got a Pioneer at the start of the year and it's the best drive I have ever used. Previously I have had 3x NEC's which are solid and reliable and a BenQ that allows me to perform disc scans. For general use tho the Pioneer is the best !

Night over at you know where swears his pioneer was only good with DL, course he's got 5 or 6 maybe more benq's and many hundreds of TY's stockpiled, he pulled his pioneer and put it back in the closet, said the benq's burn DL almost as good anyway

and he likes to scan his burns.

Had a new plex(external) and gave it away to a fellow member cause it wasn't up to his standards, now that's picky.

There are known problems with the 112 / 212's burning CD's Shamus mate.

The speedlabs.org forum has a guy from Pioneer who's recently started posting on it and one of his thread discusses that very issue!

If the 1.21 firmware doesn't fix the issues, I would think the next one will.

http://forums.speedlabs.org/index.php?topic=2303.0

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.