Wasted 4 DVD-R discs so far

walden1974

Hi everyone- Having major problems trying to burn an iso. to my DVD-R disc. I think it might be the disc type (WINDATA). It seems like ImgBurn is an amazing utility, but unfortunately I haven't been able to get all giddy about it. It would seem to write fine and then once it hits a certain point...it stops and ImgBurn makes that horrible "OH NO!!!" sound.

Can you tell what the problem is by looking at my log?

I 12:20:45 ImgBurn Version 2.3.2.0 started!

I 12:20:45 Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition (5.1, Build 2600 : Service Pack 2)

I 12:20:45 Total Physical Memory: 507,248 KB - Available: 50,984 KB

I 12:20:45 Initialising SPTI...

I 12:20:45 Searching for SCSI / ATAPI devices...

I 12:20:45 Found 1 DVD

Ugh, another laptop drive that doesn't work!

What make is your laptop? Contact the manufacturer and see if there are any firmware updates for it.

Failing that, invest in a decent up-to-date external USB drive.

Unless your discs are fake/covered in dust, they're about the best you can get (TYG02 dye).

What make is your laptop? Contact the manufacturer and see if there are any firmware updates for it.

Unless your discs are fake/covered in dust, they're about the best you can get (TYG02 dye).

Wow! Thanks for the quick reply Lightning. It's a WINBOOK and after I typed this topic in I went to find the updated firmware. There was an update but I'm trying it now and it doesn't seem to work. It worked a little better (better write speed) but it still won't burn after 45%.

It's getting stuck at 45% write...I guess I'll have to invest in an external drive enventually. The discs themselves are from Micro Center in the US and in excellent condition. Can't tell if they are fakes though.

Thanks so much for the help!

Are you still getting the same 'Write Error' error message with the newer firmware?

See if you can find some 8x Verbatim DVD+R discs, you migt have more luck with those.

yeah, pretty much the same Write Error---

Will do...I'll go today to buy them. Thanks Lightning!

windata and microcenter market a clone disk made in hong kong

I know, I bought 200 of their yuden t02's, utter crap

a benq would spit them out, an nec would barely burn a usable disk, my old lg actually made a tolerable burn at 4x on a few of them

Edited by chewy

I'm in thre market for an external USB drive. Any pointers or suggestions as to what to buy for a favorable

burning experience?

I'm looking at the LG GSA-H42N in a USB enclosure. Thoughts anyone?

Thanks, Al

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.