Read mode on DVD+R

JasonFriday13

ImgBurn freeezes when trying to read a disc in Read mode while parsing the ISO9660 filesystem. It reads and creates the iso in your previous tool just fine. Its a DVD+R bootable disc that I burned with ImgBurn.

Nope, no circles there!

Search for one of the LBA addresses mentioned and you'll see it only comes up once.

What you've got there is a disc with probably thousands and thousands of files on it.

The seek time on a CD is quite slow and so it doesn't get to read many per second - hence it takes ages.

If you could send me the first 25mb (compressed!) of the image, I'll see if I can tweak it. (5mb is normally enough but this disc is out of the ordinary).

Other than that, just leave it going and it'll eventually finish.

Ok. Here you go. This attachment will extract into a 12.5MB part iso named Sample.iso. You need 7zip to extract it.

PS: I cant believe how small it compressed to on standard settings!

[attachment deleted]

Edited by JasonFriday13

Nah, most of them are the same thing.

It's a heavily 'optimised' disc with loads of duplicates that only exist in one physical location but are referenced from loads of different folders.

The actual size if you add all the files up comes to 25GB or something. The image is only 4gb.

Just a note: In DVD Decrypter it reads the disc straight off, and I can make the iso 10 seconds after putting the disc in. In Imgburn it take forever to get to the point of clicking the 'Read' button. What did you add in ImgBurn after changing over?

DVD Dec wouldn't be parsing the filesystem, that's why.

Open the drive in explorer, highlight all the folders, right click and select 'Properties'.

It takes aaaaaaagggggeeeees to count up all the files etc and show you the sizes. Sorry but that's just how these slow devices work.

What I'll do is add an option to turn off the parsing, or to automatically cancel it if it's taking too long - i.e. over 20 / 30 seconds.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.