Xbox360

rolex

Does it matter if I select the .dvd-file or the ISO/img-file? If there is a dvd-file in the same folder imgburn says something about that it will choose the .dvd-file for me but that it is the last time and I should remember it to the next time. If I then erase or move the .dvd-file from the folder and choose the iso/img-file it says nothing and continues with the burning. So whats the .dvd-file for if I manually set the layerbreak to what it suppose to be? Thats what I know its for...

Edited by rolex

You don't ever need to touch the manual layerbreak selection option. Jeez I wish people would update their guides!

If the program detects a .DVD file of the same name as the ISO you open, it'll prompt you to open the .DVD instead. It will always actually do that itself automatically and will prompt you when it's done it. If there's no .DVD to be found, obviously it won't prompt.

The .DVD file contains the LB info needed to burn the image correctly. The two are a pair of files, you shouldn't delete either one of them.

You don't ever need to touch the manual layerbreak selection option. Jeez I wish people would update their guides!

If the program detects a .DVD file of the same name as the ISO you open, it'll prompt you to open the .DVD instead. It will always actually do that itself automatically and will prompt you when it's done it. If there's no .DVD to be found, obviously it won't prompt.

The .DVD file contains the LB info needed to burn the image correctly. The two are a pair of files, you shouldn't delete either one of them.

I know that the LB always should be set to 1913760 when making a xbox 360 backup (according to all forums about xbox 360 anyway) so if I leave the .dvd or do it manually doesnt matter? The only function the .dvd has is to tell the LB?

Edited by rolex

Yes, that's it's function - unless the image file is split into multiple parts, in which case it'll also tell the program how to reconstruct it (by listing all their names).

I urge you NOT to change the layer break setting to 'Manual' and instead to just use the .DVD for the purpose it was intended.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.