Creating a DVD9 ISO image, IFO error

Charlemont

Hello to all forum members from a new dummy :unsure:

Half a year ago when I started to burn dual layer discs I went through bad experience with NERO ending with lots of coasters. After a substantial research on several forums it became evident that a FREE solution from Lightning UK is way recommended.

Today I decided to burn an .nrg image onto DVD9 (branded Philips, though identified as [DVD+R-DL:RITEK-D01-001] by DVD Identifier.

IMGburn 2.3.2.0 reported an error:

post-7536-1181309126_thumb.png

I guess the .nrg file was done not quite properly, so I extracted its contents with MagicISO and tried to make an .iso with IMGburn:

post-7536-1181309215_thumb.png

Sadly, I don't know where to put a layer break, so I chose the middle position.

But after that a new error came up:

post-7536-1181309330_thumb.png

Honestly, I'm stuck.

I downloaded IFO Edit 0.97 as on some forum suggested, but dunno what needs to be done with that. I guess I need to fix a single IFO file.

Any suggestions are welcome.

Welcome to ImgBurn Forum.

This is not an editing forum - but it seems as if your IFO is bung. All _0.IFOs start with DVDVIDEO-VTS. Perhaps ImgBurn looks for this and if it can't find it, says, no dice.

Where did you get this IFO/NRG file?

See if you can load the extracted project into PgcEdit and see if it errors out. If not, save (Ctrl-S) and burn.

As for your layer break selection, it should be good enough.

Now, in relation to your DL blanks, please throw away the Philips and buy some Verbatims +Rs. They are the only ones we recommnd for a reliable burn.

In the future, please post a complete log.

Regards

I guess the .nrg file was done not quite properly, so I extracted its contents with MagicISO and tried to make an .iso with IMGburn:

Nero and/or MagicISO may be the problem. Try using DVD Shrink to extract the contents to a folder. (Set "No compression" for the disc.) Also, try processing the files with FixVTS or PGC Edit. The original might have authoring or mastering errors.

Sadly, I don't know where to put a layer break, so I chose the middle position.

You can test the layer break positions with WinDVD, PowerDVD, DVD Shrink, or other programs. The newest ImgBurn also lets you preview them. It is best if the LB is at a part of the movie with no sound or movement for several seconds. A fade-to-black is ideal. Scene transitions are sometimes OK. You can also create a seamless layer break with Build Mode, if your player supports it. That'll make it less important where you put the layer break.

I downloaded IFO Edit 0.97 as on some forum suggested, but dunno what needs to be done with that. I guess I need to fix a single IFO file. Any suggestions are welcome.

IFO Edit is too complicated for a novice. FixVTS and PGC Edit are easier to use. If all else fails, start over or re-author with Shrink.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.