Change wide screen to full screen??

TRAVELMAN

Hi-this may be a dumb question but can you change widescreen films to full screen in a dvd copy??? My TV remote has been lost AGES ago & I can't get any other remote to work with it.

Is it simple to do (as I'm a newbie) or only for the 'technoheads' (???!).

Thanks!

Chris

Travelman, I do know what your asking can be done. I've never done it myself so can't be much help on telling you what program you could use. I do know that it takes many hours to convert widescreen format to fullscreen format. Might be easier just to obtain a fullscreen format of the original movie your after, if one exsists. :/ .

Edited by kevdriver

Travelman, I do know what your asking can be done. I've never done it myself so can't be much help on telling you what program you could use. I do know that it takes many hours to convert widescreen format to fullscreen format. Might be easier just to obtain a fullscreen format of the original movie your after, if one exsists. :/ .

Figured that might be the case.....Must try & get a new remote-think the key may be there!

Mmm I can't swear to this, but I seem to think that DivXtoDVD might do this for you. Like I said it would be worth reading up on the program but a while ago I used it (and another prog) to test something and I think I saw a widescreen 16:9 or full screen 4:3 selector in there.....

http://www.videohelp.com/tools?tool=vso_DivXtoDVD

It may have been another prog tho......

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.