Please, make hidden and system files included by default!

Jack_Brody

Hello Lightning UK,

I think you should make "Include System Files" and "Include Hidden Files" checked in default setting. Yesterday I installed Imgburn 2.3.2.0 on a new computer, then added about 4 GB of files in build mode (user profiles, lots of hidden files), but the calculator kept sayin - 1,5 GB. Well, weird behavior as Total Commander indicated 4,2 GB. I didn't have enough time to investigate and thought it was some issue with the calculator, so I burnt the project. However, after that I examined freshly burnt disc with TC and found you know what - 1,5 GB of files. :-)

Then I looked more carefully into Imgburn settings and spotted those System and Hidden files options and checked them immediately and burnt the disc again correctly.

I know it was my fault. But if it is not a problem to check these two settings in default, many future users would be grateful. When I want to burn a directory - I want to burn everything, right? No matter if it is hidden or system.

Regards

Jack

• 2 years later...
Everyone has their own way of doing things and it's not hard to locate that settings.

Dredging up an ancient post here...

How about having a warning (which can be disabled, but is on by default) that lets you know there are hidden files in the folder(s) you've chosen to write to disc, and that these won't be included unless you toggle the appropriate option? You'd never see the warning if you never tried to back up a folder with hidden files.

I almost missed backing up a bunch of important system files, but just happened to notice that the total file count seemed wrong. I caught it, but this is one of those 'nice' warning I'd expect to get from ImgBurn.

Thanks,

omf

Edited by omf

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.