IMG Tool classic

daphnec

Can someone please help me with what this program does and how to use it? I looked up cujo's website but there were no guides there. I got confused with the lingo on the downloads page.

Short history lesson: Up until about 18 months or 2 years ago, DVD Shrink (a great piece of software btw), was unable to create ISO (disk) images that could be burned using Nero or DVD Decrypter or whatever. A fella by the name of CouJo had created a program that converts DVD files (.VOBS, .IFOS etc) into a format that burning programs could recognise. He called it ImgTool. What it does is it grabs the contents of a VIDEO_TS folder and converts the files to an ISO image. He made two (I think) versions. One is called ImgTool Burn and the other is called ImgTool Classic. ImgTool Burn uses Nero to burn disks and as most of us around here dislike Nero, we don't use it. :) ImgTool Classic used to use DVD Decrypter to burn disks. It has since been updated to use Lightning_UKs program, ImgBurn, instead.

So..... basically.....

Once you have your video files on your HD, create a VIDEO_TS folder somewhere and move your VOBs and IFO files into it. (If you haven't got a decent file manager like Turbo Navigator, GET ONE. It makes life soooo much easier). Once you've done that, all you have to do now is tell ImgTool where ImgBurn is located on your computer and then point ImgTool Classic at the VIDEO_TS folder and tell it to start work.

Clear as mud, huh? :)

Short history lesson: Up until about 18 months or 2 years ago, DVD Shrink (a great piece of software btw), was unable to create ISO (disk) images that could be burned using Nero or DVD Decrypter or whatever. A fella by the name of CouJo had created a program that converts DVD files (.VOBS, .IFOS etc) into a format that burning programs could recognise. He called it ImgTool. What it does is it grabs the contents of a VIDEO_TS folder and converts the files to an ISO image. He made two (I think) versions. One is called ImgTool Burn and the other is called ImgTool Classic. ImgTool Burn uses Nero to burn disks and as most of us around here dislike Nero, we don't use it. :) ImgTool Classic used to use DVD Decrypter to burn disks. It has since been updated to use Lightning_UKs program, ImgBurn, instead.

So..... basically.....

Once you have your video files on your HD, create a VIDEO_TS folder somewhere and move your VOBs and IFO files into it. (If you haven't got a decent file manager like Turbo Navigator, GET ONE. It makes life soooo much easier). Once you've done that, all you have to do now is tell ImgTool where ImgBurn is located on your computer and then point ImgTool Classic at the VIDEO_TS folder and tell it to start work.

Clear as mud, huh? :)

Yeah! Sooooo........ what I think you are trying to tell me is.....................Img Tool does the same sort of thing as DVD Shrink (which I am using already)?

Edited by LIGHTNING UK!

Yeah! Sooooo........ what I think you are trying to tell me is.....................Img Tool does the same sort of thing as DVD Shrink (which I am using already)?

Basically, yes - but ImgTool is a lot faster as it just converts raw video files without attempting to compress them. It can also output the created ISO image directly (automatically) to ImgBurn for burning.

It does and it doesn't do the same as DVD Shrink. ITC makes an ISO using the great mkisofs engine. YThis is a rich, full featured ISO making engine, which enables very cool things like 32k buffers etc.

DVD Shrink is a simplistic version which outputs a packed ISO.

Smarter users will use ITC, or better still PgcEdit to make their ISOs and ImgBurn to burn them.

Regards

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.