Strange Filenames on PS2.

therock003

All fixed :)

This was a very obscure problem though, it must do some odd stuff with the figures when it parses the filesystem. Very glad you kept coming back to the topic though or I'd never have found the problem - it's actually kinda nice when certain software points out problems with code that no other apps seem to notice / care about!

btw, this v2.3 (rev 2) appears to support the UDF filesystem. Well, I say that because I've just looked at the source code pages over here http://svn.ps2dev.org/listing.php?repname=...;rev=0&sc=0

Within the 'drv' -> 'SMSCDVD/' folder there's a file dealing with parsing UDF. So I wonder why it doesn't work??!

Might be worth emailing the author or something and seeing what's up with it.

You mean fixed as far as joliet goes?

As for udf,no it doesnt support it.I tried to burn a udf only disc,and sms didnt read it at all.

If you could Contact the author that would be the best,but when i mentioned it to him a while back,he said something about having to rewrite code from scratch in order for udf support to be added,and that would be very incovenient.

Thanx a lot for looking into it.

Yes fixed as far as Joliet goes.

The images ImgBurn creates now are read properly by SMS without the random 'empty' folders as you drill down through the directory structure and without it finding the next layer's files.

As for UDF, he's obviously made (planning to make) some sort of attempt (or someone else has) or that CDVD_UDFS.C source file wouldn't exist.

Oh and when I mentioned email, I was talking about you doing it. I don't use the app so it doesn't bother me ;)

You fixed it by updating the imgburn or the source code for sms?Cause I didnt see a new imgburn version.

As i said i already suggested it to him on the official sms forums,and he made his argument of not doing something about it,at least in the near future.

Personally i'm not a developer and i dont know of ways to help contribute to this subject other than report inconvenient behaviours by reporting them.

How difficult is it in your opinion for udf support to be implemented in a project,and especially on this specific one?

EDIT:With Joliet fixed i guess i won't have any problems with future burns,but i insist on this udf matter so that there's no problem with the older ones,the ones that i have already burnt,and i cannot do anything about it,and they're a lot!

And the thing is that it isn't an aisthetic problem only,it has practical use.If the filename are truncated and strange external subs corresponding to them dont work,so i have no subs!

Edited by therock003

• 6 months later...
I fixed ImgBurn - but it won't be available to you (or anyone else) until I release the next version (v2.4.0.0 or whatever).

Fingers crossed that won't be too long now.

Hello,i've just seen that the new version is out.Did you happen to ressolve this issue with this new version?

Yep it is ifxed all right,although with the new version new strange things are happening.

A)Firstly theres the thing that folders from root till the files are being burned although i didnt ask for it.Fr example i drag & dropped 6 folders,to my compilation,but after disc was burned,the two initial folders,from the root of the drive till the folders i burned exist,so i now have to browse two of the unnessecary folders to get to the ones i burned...

B)And then on the log,after verifcation is done i dont see original and disc md5.I always like to check it manually after disc is burned.

B)And then on the log,after verifcation is done i dont see original and disc md5.I always like to check it manually after disc is burned.

Go to Tools/Settings, enable Calculate MD5 Hash Values then click OK :)

As for your A) question I didn't understand it :blush:

I just want the files i select to be burned,not the initial folders they're in.

For example i want to burn 6 avi files.I select these files,and only these appear as root of the cd drive.Not the folders they are located in my Hard drive.

Cause i did burn six avi that initially were on "H:\Movies\2\" And imgburn created the folders movies and 2.I didnt want that,i just wanted the files i selected.

But i just installed like an hour ago,and burned this one DVD-media disc WITHOUT tampering with any of the settings,cause i thought they would be same as with last imgburn release.

Honest to god,i didnt change anything tilll the time i posted.I only changed the md5 and the reserve path after i was told herre to do so.

If you install over the top then settings are preserved. Only if you uninstall will they get removed.

Also, it could be a project you've loaded that changed the setting, or a 3rd party app that calls ImgBurn for burning.

Either way, at least you will know what to do next time it happens :)

I thought it would b best to uninstall first.Well i didnt load any poject or called imgburn from any other app.It was the first build project which i added some files.

Anyway whats done is done,i now know the setting to undo it at least.Is there any way i can manipulate the burned to dis to display the data from the desired folder,or do i just have to live with it?

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.