Power Calibration Area is full

krichards74

I cannot burn DVD's anymore. Have used a whole box of these discs and all of a sudden they have stopped working. Have done a defrag and disk cleanup but still doesn't work. Have tried using nero also but get Cannot Perform End of Disc at once errors too! Very annoying! PLEASE HELP!!!! I have a feeling that something is running in the background but have gone through the list of running processes and they all seem like legitamate processes. I have attached log file for viewing Please Help!! :&

I 17:47:05 ImgBurn Version 2.1.0.0 started!

I 17:47:05 Microsoft Windows XP Professional (5.1, Build 2600 : Service Pack 2)

I 17:47:05 Initialising SPTI...

I 17:47:05 Searching for SCSI / ATAPI devices...

I 17:47:06 Found 1 DVD

Try some other discs (Verbatim or Taiyo Yuden), at the moment your drive is just complaining because it can't figure out a decent power level for the laser that it can then use to burn with.

A cleaning disc might help too.

Oh and whilst I have your attention, update ImgBurn. The latest version is 2.3.2.0

Try some other discs (Verbatim or Taiyo Yuden), at the moment your drive is just complaining because it can't figure out a decent power level for the laser that it can then use to burn with.

A cleaning disc might help too.

WOW! Thanks for the super quick response! One more question....why should I try new media when the media I am using has worked fine for the last 20+ burns?

lol your media went from bad to worse!

Get some decent Verbatim (MCC dye) or Taiyo Yuden discs.

If it still fails with those, throw the drive in the bin.

:( Hoping you weren't going to say that. Thanks for taking the time to reply. I will try that and get back to you if it doesn't work. While searching for help on Google I come across this and thought it was funny.

http://www.gidforums.com/t-5633.html

i think power calibration is a test that the burner does to work out what degree of power to give the laser to burn the disc .

Should the burner be unable to determine what level of power to use, it means it cant figure out the media thats in the burner.

as per above ,

1st change media

2nd use a disc cleaner

3rd change/bin the drive

4th follow the link in the post above =))

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.