Optional L1 Data Zone Start LBA: Not Found

aniko

Receiving this message when trying to burn a Verbatim +R Dual disk.

Optional L1 Data Zone Start LBA: None Found! (VTS_04). This image has not been mastered correctly for burning onto a double layer (OTP Track Path) disc. None of the cells meet the 'DVD-Video Specification criterea for a potentioal layer break partition.

I tried to copy the dual layer DVD (to archive my original) as an ISO file with Shrink 3.2 (I have the latest version). I unfortunately did not copy the error message I received. I then used Rip It4Me and Decrypter...then Shrink 3.2 to write the iso file. All the encoding seemed to go fine.

Then when I again tried ImgBurn I received the above error.

I am using a Plextor 760 Burner and have no problem with single layer disks. Have read and searched the forum and I have no clue what is going on. Attached is an image of my folder where the vob files are located.

WANNABEE 7,989,462 KB ISO FILE

VIDEO_TS 1,262 KB VOB FILE

VIDEO_TS.BUF 20 KB BUF FILE

VIDEO_TS.IFO 20 KB IFOFILE

VTS_01_0 14,002 KB VOB FILE

VTS_01_0.BUF 16 KB BUF FILE

VTS_01_0_IFO 16 KB IFO FILE

VTS_01_1 20 KB VOB FILE

VTS_02_0.BUF 14 KB BUF FILE

VTS_02_0_IFO 14 KB IFO FILE

VTS_02_1 249,300 KB VOB FILE

VTS_03_0.BUF 14 KB BUF FILE

VTS_03_0_IFO 14 KB IFO FILE

VTS_03_1 239,030 KB VOB FILE

VTS_04_0 121,566 KB VOB FILE

VTS_04_0.BUF 86 KB BUF FILE

VTS_04_0_IFO 86 KB IFO FILE

VTS_04_1 1,048,544 KB VOB FILE

VTS_04_2 1,048,544 KB VOB FILE

VTS_04_3 1,048,544 KB VOB FILE

VTS_04_4 1,048,544 KB VOB FILE

VTS_04_5 1,048,544 KB VOB FILE

VTS_04_6 1,048,544 KB VOB FILE

VTS_05_0.BUF 44 KB BUF FILE

VTS_05_0_IFO 44 KB IFO FILE

VTS_05_1 1,048,544 KB VOB FILE

VTS_05_2 309,374 KB VOB FILE

Appreciate any help. Am I not setting something in Img Burn or Shrink?

VTS_04_1 239,030 KB VOB FILE

I have always been confused as to the difference of burning an iso file as oppossed to burning the Video_TS folders. Have read and reread the Rip It4me, Decrypter and Shrink and image burn documentation over and over and still do not understand the difference. If you can steer me to a source that explains the above I would appreciate it.

Indeed, don't use Shrink to make DL images, output to a VIDEO_TS folder instead and then use ImgBurn's build mode.

Build mode writes the files directly from VIDEO_TS folder to the disk, without making an ISO file first. An ISO is a container, kinda like a zip file for the DVD files.

Never make an ISO with DVD Shrink. And do post a log if you are still in trouble.

Regards

Still confused. Have previously made ISO files with Shrink and then successfully burned a DVD from the ISO file with ImgBurn.

I will try the build mode and hopefully it will burn a dual disk. I will keep in touch.

Build mode writes the files directly from VIDEO_TS folder to the disk, without making an ISO file first. An ISO is a container, kinda like a zip file for the DVD files.

Never make an ISO with DVD Shrink. And do post a log if you are still in trouble.

Regards

shrink is for exactly what it says, shrinking dual layer discs to fit on a single layer disc, it wasn't designed for dual layer,

isos made for burning to single layer made by shrink will work

I really appreciate the response.

Think I have a clearer understanding of the Shrink copying on a 4.7 disk...but I needed to burn a dual disk as my Alaska trip movie was very long. Tried Imgburn and went step by step on their guide and seems I have finally (I think) successfully burned a dual disk....but have no clue what I am doing...but ImgBurn seems to have included first time users in their copying....but it is complex for the first time user.

Unfortunately I cannot test it on my TV as we had and electrical storm and blew my TV, DVD disk player and Tivo box even though I had surge protecors gallore. But the tech experts say the generated magnetic fields cause the problem no matter what the expense or of the surge protector.

I can understand the frustrations of the creators of the software when relating to beginners problems.

All I can say is that I am really trying to understand Ripit4me....Decryptor....Shrink...Imgburn....and how they interact. I have read all the forum sites and just cannot get a simple link to explain the differences of the software.

Again thanks...and if you have a link that simply explains ISO and VTO...build and write.. I would appreciate your help.

I appre

shrink is for exactly what it says, shrinking dual layer discs to fit on a single layer disc, it wasn't designed for dual layer,

isos made for burning to single layer made by shrink will work

We really can't comment on RipIt4Me or DVD Decrypter (or even say much about DVD Shrink) on this forum, due to legal reasons in relation to decrypting DVDs.

Suffice to say for burning your home movie on a DL DVD, these are unnecessary.

Regards

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.