multiple copies;

dr_ml422

hi guys. imgburn's great. no problem until decided to make more than 1 copy. after 1st 1 is done it ejects the tray and asks for another writable media. i put the other blank in and press ok, or just let it go to automatic and either way i get a pop-up saying that media's not present or that my drive needs to be checked. i have no problem making 1 copy and then starting over and writing another 1, but when trying to use the multiple copies setting it won't go through. let me know if there's a method you guys recommend so i could resolve this issue. my burner's ok. i've checked it and the firmware is up to date.

When you put the 2nd disc in the drive, what does it say in the statusbar? If the 'insert next disc' message is left to go away automatically, the drive must think it's ready (and imgburn has noticed this). For it then to say it's NOT ready, the drive must be resetting itself or something odd like that.

Any chance you could post a log?

Once it's failed on the 2nd disc, leave it to go back to the main screen and watch what the statusbar says. Does it ever become 'ready' again?

• 2 weeks later...
When you put the 2nd disc in the drive, what does it say in the statusbar? If the 'insert next disc' message is left to go away automatically, the drive must think it's ready (and imgburn has noticed this). For it then to say it's NOT ready, the drive must be resetting itself or something odd like that.

Any chance you could post a log?

Once it's failed on the 2nd disc, leave it to go back to the main screen and watch what the statusbar says. Does it ever become 'ready' again?

HI LIGHTNING. everything's good w/this now. i just have to put second disc in and just wait until drive is ready, then just leave it alone and it'll do the auto-burn lovely. thanks.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.