burning .gi file

clumb31

I am a newbe and pretty ignorant. I have XP and thought I had copied a dvd to my hard drive. I have four ".gi" files as a result. Can I use ImgBurn to burn a DVD from these files? If so, I think I will need some fairly detailed help as I am so new at this. If not, pehpads you can give me some other alternatives.

Thanks for the help.

You've probably got a little one (size wise), just load that one in Write mode and the others will be used automatically.

The four ".gi" files I ended up with are:

Imagexxxxxx(1_0).gi 1.99GB

Imagexxxxxx(1_1).gi 1.99GB

Imagexxxxxx(1_2).gi 3.99GB

Imagexxxxxx1302.gi 1.60KB

Please put up with my ignorance.

As I said I am a newbe and don't know what "write mode" is or what to do.

Thanks for your help

Click the 'Mode' menu at the top of the main ImgBurn window. They're your different 'modes'.

You'd select the 'Imagexxxxxx1302.gi' going by why you mentioned in your post.

Just follow the 'how to burn an image' guide in the Guides forum. It's very simple really.

Click the 'Mode' menu at the top of the main ImgBurn window. They're your different 'modes'.

Just follow the 'how to burn an image' guide in the Guides forum. It's very simple really.

THANKS. I really appreciate the help!

(something happened so some of this may be a repeat)

I had a PARTIAL success.

First, I tried to list the ...1302.gi file. Got an error message: "Invalid or unsupported image file format.

Reason: First image file is less than 2098 bytes in size".

I then went ahead and pasted the other three files. I think I got a successful burn, but I used a rewritable disc and while I got the beginning and end of the project, the middle part was from something already on the disc - it wasn't erased(not your problem). So I want to try again

The reason I say all of this is that before I use a non-rewritable disc I have a QUESTION:

My DVD+R disc can record either 2 hours or 4 hours. Is there any option in ImgBurn to set up the final speed ( What do you call the "final speed" on the burned disc as to me it sounds like the write speed is what ImgBurn writes the file). Also can I use more than one disc if the file is too large?

Thanks again for all your help, I am slowly making progress!

If the little GI file wouldn't load straight off, it must be in a format that ImgBurn doesn't currently recognise.

If you could upload the file or email it to me, I'll examine it and see if changes I've already made for the next version will also mean this file is burnable.

If the little GI file wouldn't load straight off, it must be in a format that ImgBurn doesn't currently recognise.

If you could upload the file or email it to me, I'll examine it and see if changes I've already made for the next version will also mean this file is burnable.

To what address would I upload this file? (I wonder if this file is even necessary)

Also, how do I control the burning of the dvd so I get the 4 hour capacity and not the 2 hour capacity?

Thanks again!!!!!!!!

you cannot control a dvd like that without it being a vr recorder eg a home dvd recorder

click help/about to see email addy to send to.

So, what can I do if the video I want to save is longer than 2 hours? Is there an option in IB to allow more than one disc?

I (FINALLY) got my initial project done and appreciate the help of everybody.

THANKS

Make is smaller with something like Nero Recode.

HEY, I had a thought!

My previous project had 3 .gi files. If I had more than 2 hours to record, could I have pasted one or 2 files into IB and burn them to a disk and then separately paste the third (or 4th) file and burn to a second disc? ----- OR, are the 3 files interdependant?

I think the .gi format is a "Global Image" from RecordNow Max/Deluxe.

• 2 weeks later...
Nope, that would be far too easy ;)

You'll need to mount the MDS in DAEMON Tools so it creates a virtual dvdrom drive out of the image. Then point Recode at that drive.

I've looked but don't see DAEMON Tools. Where would they be?

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.