Bad Firmware Update?

BoSox2882

I use Lite-on for my burning, and I used IMGburn's firmware scanner to check for updates. I was using HS07 and updated to HS03. However, I then got this message when I tried burning? Any ideas? Is there away to undo the firmware update?

//****************************************\\

; ImgBurn Version 2.3.2.0 - Log

; Sunday, 22 July 2007, 17:07:01

; \\****************************************//

;

;

I 16:42:46 ImgBurn Version 2.3.2.0 started!

I 16:42:46 Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition (5.1, Build 2600 : Service Pack 2)

I 16:42:46 Total Physical Memory: 515,568 KB - Available: 279,852 KB

I 16:42:46 Initialising SPTI...

I 16:42:46 Searching for SCSI / ATAPI devices...

I 16:42:46 Found 1 DVD-ROM and 1 DVD

HS0E appears to be the latest , have you got an HP computer though ?? if so, you should use the HP16 link on that page

power calibration errors is usually related to the actual quality/type of media

interestingly the write speed selected by you was 1x yea ? or thats what the log above shows .whereas the write speedss for that disc are reported as Speeds: 0x, 2.4x

suggest wait for more replies before trying to change firmware again though

HS0E appears to be the latest , have you got an HP computer though ?? if so, you should use the HP16 link on that page

power calibration errors is usually related to the actual quality/type of media

interestingly the write speed selected by you was 1x yea ? or thats what the log above shows .whereas the write speedss for that disc are reported as Speeds: 0x, 2.4x

suggest wait for more replies before trying to change firmware again though

Im not even sure what an HP computer is?

I am using Verbatim DVD+R DL MKMs.

Is there a way to go back to HS07? I dont even know why I dicked with it in the first place everything was working great until I did the firmware update.

I just tried another disc and got this halfway through the burn process. Up to 3 coasters now since firmware update.

post-7957-1185145151_thumb.jpg

There are a few things that don't seem right. I would appreciate it if any of the other members here would either verify what I say or correct me.

I was using HS07 and updated to HS03.

It would seem to me that HS07 would be newer than HS03. A look at Lite-On's website here. shows an update from 09/04/2006 but does not give the version number. If you go here you will see that the latest update is HS0E. That is, by the way, what ImgBurn is showing your firmware to be.

Destination Media Type: DVD+R DL (Disc ID: MKM-001-00) (Speeds: 0x, 2.4x)

I have never seen a write speed at 0x and I have no idea what would cause that unless your media is counterfeit and the descriptors are screwed up. These are Verbatim DVD+R DL discs aren't they? Is this disc from a new batch that you just started using?

Writing Layer 1... (LBA: 2056176 - 3598959)

Failed to Write Sectors 2056176 - 2056207

Your problem is starting after the layer break. If you weren't having this problem before flashing your drive it is possible that the flash didn't go as planned. It is also possible that your drive is on its way out.

There are a few things that don't seem right. I would appreciate it if any of the other members here would either verify what I say or correct me.

I was using HS07 and updated to HS03.

It would seem to me that HS07 would be newer than HS03. A look at Lite-On's website here. shows an update from 09/04/2006 but does not give the version number. If you go here you will see that the latest update is HS0E. That is, by the way, what ImgBurn is showing your firmware to be.

Destination Media Type: DVD+R DL (Disc ID: MKM-001-00) (Speeds: 0x, 2.4x)

I have never seen a write speed at 0x and I have no idea what would cause that unless your media is counterfeit and the descriptors are screwed up. These are Verbatim DVD+R DL discs aren't they? Is this disc from a new batch that you just started using?

Writing Layer 1... (LBA: 2056176 - 3598959)

Failed to Write Sectors 2056176 - 2056207

Your problem is starting after the layer break. If you weren't having this problem before flashing your drive it is possible that the flash didn't go as planned. It is also possible that your drive is on its way out.

No these are the same discs I have been using and they were working great.

Is there anyway to go back to HS07? I have tried downloading it and when I open the file it says not compatible with my drive. Is there anyway you could send the HS07 file?

Hopefully some more suggestions come because I have coastered 3 discs on this HS03 and am worried.

Thanks all.

I would suspect that the flash update got hosed, I doubt it was the firmware used but the technique and the way the hardware is configured

I prefer to flash with the dvd burner as standalone master on the secondary ide(if there are 2) in safe mode so I can be sure the drive is in pio not dma(those durn liteons go to dma 4).

I would suspect that the flash update got hosed, I doubt it was the firmware used but the technique and the way the hardware is configured

I prefer to flash with the dvd burner as standalone master on the secondary ide(if there are 2) in safe mode so I can be sure the drive is in pio not dma(those durn liteons go to dma 4).

I used the flash reader tool, and got my firmware back to HS0D and it has worked fine. So, hopefully it is fixed for good.

Thank you very much for the replies as I was very stumped on what was going on.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.