Low write speed

Ireavus

Hi, i was reading the dvd shrink forums today when I saw a lot of people recommending ImgBurn. I then made a couple of ISO's and and proceeded to burn the first one in Imgburn. The write speed worked up to a maximum of 1.2X, then dropped off to .9 . Ive tried 2 different dvd burners in my computer, to the same effect. Im using Memorex DVD-R 16X media.

On my brothers computer, the same media achieved a speed of 15.5X. Why is it so slow for me? I made sure to set the speed to "16x" and i tried it on "auto" aswell.

My specs:

AMD Sempron 2800+, overclocked to 2.4 ghz

1024mb ram

Radeon 9800XT 256mb

Lite-On Dvd burner (16X)

Sony DRU 820a, i dont use this one since it never seemed to burn discs properly. (16X)

One other thing I noticed was that on my computer, the device buffer fluctuates from 40% back to 100% repeatedly. On my brothers computer, it was 100% all the time.

Thanks in advance,

Ireavus

Thanks, guys, I had to go into the bios and switch it to "auto" to get it to change to dma, but now it works at the proper speed. One more question, I can't seem to get my sony burner to change from PIO mode. Ive read all the guides on it I can find, but no luck >.> its stuck at PIO.

Thanks again,

Ireavus

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.