Help! Device Not Ready (Medium Not Present)

StridrKK

I'm trying to burn an ISO into an empty Memorex DVD-R. However, the "write" button does not appear to be clickable, so clearly there should be something wrong. Here's the log.

I 15:24:17 ImgBurn Version 2.3.2.0 started!

I 15:24:17 Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition (5.1, Build 2600 : Service Pack 2)

I 15:24:17 Total Physical Memory: 522,224 KB - Available: 120,192 KB

I 15:24:17 Initialising SPTI...

I 15:24:17 Searching for SCSI / ATAPI devices...

I 15:24:17 Found 1 DVD-ROM/CD-RW!

I didn't do anything after that, anyone care to help? Thanks in advance.

I'm trying to burn an ISO into an empty Memorex DVD-R. However, the "write" button does not appear to be clickable, so clearly there should be something wrong. Here's the log.

I 15:24:17 ImgBurn Version 2.3.2.0 started!

I 15:24:17 Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition (5.1, Build 2600 : Service Pack 2)

I 15:24:17 Total Physical Memory: 522,224 KB - Available: 120,192 KB

I 15:24:17 Initialising SPTI...

I 15:24:17 Searching for SCSI / ATAPI devices...

I 15:24:17 Found 1 DVD-ROM/CD-RW!

I didn't do anything after that, anyone care to help? Thanks in advance.

Are the media statistics visible in the right pane of the write window? If not, then your drive is not recognizing the media and therefore the button would not be clickable. If the statistics ARE there, check them to make sure that ImgBurn doesn't see some data already recorded on the disc. A friend was having this issue, and it turned out he had a background UDF formatting program like DirectCD or InCD that was formatting them in the background to use as a random write media. Once this happens on a DVD-R or other write-once media, you cannot ever use it again for ISO burning...

Ah I never figured as much as I barely use a burning software. Thx loads. THink I could buy a DVD burner at Radio Shack?

Probably, but it would be out-of-date and overpriced.

It sounds like you live in the U.S. If so, and you want to purchase locally, check out Best Buy if you have one locally, or Circuity City otherwise. Best Buy often has their Pioneer drives on sale, and after owning Plextors, NECs, Lite-Ons, and Pioneers, I must say that Pioneer drives (I have the DVR-111D converted to a DVR-111L) have produced the best and most consistent burns so far. Sony drives are usually re-badges of other drives. I don't think Circuit City has Pioneer, and they mainly carry "3rd party" drives like "Mad Dog." I did purchase an external mad dog there because I knew it was an NEC drive and I wanted to try that once.

Alright, I installed a DVD burner but still come up to the same problem. Log is slightly different...

I 03:54:20 ImgBurn Version 2.3.2.0 started!

I 03:54:20 Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition (5.1, Build 2600 : Service Pack 2)

I 03:54:20 Total Physical Memory: 522,224 KB - Available: 74,428 KB

I 03:54:21 Initialising SPTI...

I 03:54:21 Searching for SCSI / ATAPI devices...

I 03:54:21 Found 2 DVD-ROM/CD-RWs!

Any pointers? Thx in advance.

Edit: Mmm never mind, I take it that the drive I installed is not a DVD-Burner correct? Ah well, my Pioneers will arrive tommorrow.

Edited by StridrKK

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.