Lazy Leno

dbminter

I watched Carson right up untill he retired and nobody was as quick with an ad lib .His quick wit got him in trouble more than once but that was what was great about him .I watch Leno sometimes but its pretty scripted I think .Can't believe how stupid some people are when he does the Jay Walking bit and so many in college you would swear they never read a paper or a book or two :doh:

Now, the funny thing here is there was a guy on this rerun tonight who had been on Carson's final show of the 1980's. He's billed as the Piano Juggler. I actually taped that appearance from Carson when that guy was on! :o I taped nearly all of the Carson show monologues from 1988 until the final show. (Carson's final show aired the night of my high school graduation.) And, since none of the video releases of the final show have all of the footage that aired on TV, I'm glad I kept my old tapes.

Back when Leno was Carson's backup host, Leno was actually quite funny! Probably because he was using material from Carson's writers. :) His own stuff, he telegraphs the joke from a thousand miles away. And, he keeps repeating punchlines after he delivers them. Headlines is what I watch for, hence, I watch once a week for 10 minutes. ;) So, tonight, they put in LAST Monday's show!

Edited by dbminter

I saw the three most memorable Carson shows the one where Ed Ames (fron Daniel Boone show) throws the tomahawk and nails the target in the groin, also with Arnold Parlmers wife and ZsaZsa Gabor a case where his quick come backs to what was basically an innocent statement got him sued he was really the king of late night :thumbup:

"And Hank, the Wonder Goose, in-"

I never actually saw her during first run Tonight Shows. I only got into The Tonight Show in 1988. One of the reasons why he had to retire soon, because I started watching it. ;) I think Teresea Ganzel took over for Wayne after she drowned. I only ever saw Wayne in the Carson Comedy Classics that ran on the Family Channel from 1996 to 1997. Taped those, too. :)

Although I do remember Carol Wayne from The Best Chest In The West! =))

We'll be here all week and remember to tip the waiters and bartenders :lol:

Tip (!) - Not likely.

I'm still waiting for them to take my order and deliver my drink. :wacko:

Ah, but, remember, sailor, absynthe makeths the heart grow stronger!

All week, folks! All week! Thank you!

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.