Successful img burn only at low speeds

thesdf

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just want to add the fact that maybe - as degas said in his post - I will decide to go with a clean Windows installation, and if it does not work then, I assume it has to be either a hardware or a firmware problem. See you soon :/

what's the driver for the secondary ide?

Ah ok, your log was for a cd image (from your friend I guess). For a DVD image, changing the volume label wouldn't do anything to the EDC / ECC area - because ISO's don't contain that data in the first place!

Obviously, as there is no EDC/ECC region, you wouldn't get a miscompare error like the one in your log!

Yes try a perfectly clean rebuild. JUST install ImgBurn and then burn something.

Hello again :D

I did a fresh install and changed IDE cables, 1.1.0.0 worked fine two times :)

I will do more burnings on monday, and try to switch to Microsoft's CDImage to create my ISO files which seems to be more reliable :rolleyes:

One more time, thank you ! :thumbup:

Well, in reality, after a few burns, the problem occurs again :(

I would say 2 time out of 3... I do not know why this happens.

I will put a fresh Windows installation again on my system and see...

Logs are now always this format :

I 01:46:48 Verifying Sectors...

E 01:48:01 Miscompare at LBA: 227005, Offset: 159

E 01:48:01 Device: 0xAE

E 01:48:01 Image File: 0x2E

E 01:48:01 Failed to Verify Sectors!

E 01:48:21 Operation Failed! - Duration: 04:21:32

I 01:48:21 Average Verify Rate: 6.219 KB/s (4.5x) - Maximum Verify Rate: 7.168 KB/s (5.2x)

And when those DVD are read on TV or somewhere else, all the contents are OK (I mean no break or something strange while playing) :teehee:

I 20:18:27 Destination Media Type: DVD-R (Disc ID: TYG02) (Speeds: 2.4x, 4x, 8x)

something is dodgy here , TYG02 discs are -R

Cornholio, I must admit that you were so right (admit even after a year :/ )

Yesterday I bought a hundred Tayio Yuden, from the same shop, but slightly more expensive than the previous ones, which were yellow colored.

Now the new disks are white and I already succeded burning an img file with WOPC enabled (first try successful in full speed).

With the previous yellow TY disks, it was impossible to complete burning with WOPC enabled in full speed, only in 2X. When I was disabling the WOPC, the burning was successful at 8X. However now, with the new disks, I already got the same speeds with WOPC enabled.

I will try later on, to burn with the new disks and disable WOPC to see what speeds I can get.

I strongly recommend avoiding the previous problematic yellow TY disks. To give another example, I had a yellow TY disk containing 4.3GB video file, which I was trying to copy (for a friend) to a new disk (picture of the new disk is below) and I got a message that there is not enough space and that copy cannot proceed (with two different copying software).

img0104cf.jpg

After 5 perfect writing+verifying (!) I got 2 errors when verifying >_< Sample error log:
I 21:02:25 Verifying Sectors...

E 21:03:54 Miscompare at LBA: 282429, Offset: 159

E 21:03:54 Device: 0xAE

E 21:03:54 Image File: 0x2E

E 21:03:54 Failed to Verify Sectors!

I saved every log and what is shown is errors are always Offset: 159 Device: 0xAE Image File: 0x2E, do you have some idea ?

In 1.2.0.0, could it be possible not to stop verifying when a comparison error occurs ? :unsure:

Thank you.

To give another example, I had a yellow TY disk containing 4.3GB video file, which I was trying to copy (for a friend) to a new disk (picture of the new disk is below) and I got a message that there is not enough space and that copy cannot proceed

the disc in the picture is a RW ( re-writable) one, these hold slightly less data than a normal -R disc .

if the original -R disc was full, then the RW wont be big enough to hold the same amount of data

• 2 weeks later...

After 5 perfect writing+verifying (!) I got 2 errors when verifying >_< Sample error log:
I 21:02:25 Verifying Sectors...

E 21:03:54 Miscompare at LBA: 282429, Offset: 159

E 21:03:54 Device: 0xAE

E 21:03:54 Image File: 0x2E

E 21:03:54 Failed to Verify Sectors!

I saved every log and what is shown is errors are always Offset: 159 Device: 0xAE Image File: 0x2E, do you have some idea ?

In 1.2.0.0, could it be possible not to stop verifying when a comparison error occurs ? :unsure:

Thank you.

Hello all,

LIGHTNING UK!, did you read this message ? :blush:

I tried with Ahead Nero, 1 bit is always "changed". I want to be able to continue burning with ImgBurn but I want to know if verify operation detects only 1 bit difference (assume burn OK) or more (burn KO) :whistling:

Sorry yeah, 1.2.0.0 is able to move onto the next sector if it finds a miscompare. It will only report 1 error per sector though.

Hmm... might change that now actually so it reports the total number of differences in the sector too - only doesn't list them in detail.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.