Suggestions

Grain

What if when poor media is inserted in the drive, ImgBurn kicks the drive door open at say 10X normal speed throwing the disc at high speed into whatever happens to be in the way! It could have a simultaneous loud spitting noise. :shifty::teehee::shifty:

cannot update the firmware on the first revison ALI chipset, i bought 2 icy boxes both are revision 1A.

I can go 12 burns without the semaphore timeout error, then i get one write retry, but the discs are fine, as in played Xbox game all the way thru and no problems, I can always switch to wnaspi32, will i be able to select that using imgburn?

Edited by dontasciime

• 3 weeks later...

Yeah, the ALI sets apparently cannot be flashed unless they're version 5 or greater. My version 3 couldn't, and, ALI was trying to sell me their ALI version 5. I told them to shove it. :lol: Why should I buy THEIR fix if they have already shown they didn't get it right before? I'd buy a known, good working enclosure first.

In fact, should we add something to FAQ on the board about the semaphore time out? Why it happens, what causes it, that it can't be fixed by software in most cases, and a list of know, good, working chip sets/enclosure manufacturers so people will know a good enclosure to go out and get?

In fact, should we add something to FAQ on the board about the semaphore time out? Why it happens, what causes it, that it can't be fixed by software in most cases, and a list of know, good, working chip sets/enclosure manufacturers so people will know a good enclosure to go out and get?
Bloody good idea, IMHO.

Regards

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.