After setting LB in Build it fails in write

Neil Wilkes

In "Build" mode, I add the folders & an option comes up with 5 places for a layer break.

I select the break I want, and create the ISO image.

Go to WRITE mode, and I get a warning that the image is not properly mastered for OTP writing, and there is no legal cell for a layer break!

WTF?

I have obviously got something wrong, but what?

It worked yesterday.....but I add 2 small files today, and this happens.

(The added files were properly authored before compiling the Video_TS folder, and it works)

IMGBurn is the latest one.

Edited by Neil Wilkes

Are you trying to burn a DVD-R DL disc rather than a DVD+R DL one?

Or perhaps you built for a DVD-R DL and want to burn to DVD+R DL?

When building an image, it all comes down to the settings on the 'Advanced' -> 'Media' tab.

If you show us your logs, we can see what's happening and what you've done.

btw, why not just burn directly to the disc?

Are you trying to burn a DVD-R DL disc rather than a DVD+R DL one?

Or perhaps you built for a DVD-R DL and want to burn to DVD+R DL?

When building an image, it all comes down to the settings on the 'Advanced' -> 'Media' tab.

If you show us your logs, we can see what's happening and what you've done.

btw, why not just burn directly to the disc?

Trying to create a DVD+R DL disc.

Same as when it worked yesterday!

I get the 5 options in the "Build" stage, but not in the "Write" stage.

I'll create Logs & try again.

Will post back shortly.

You do know that 'Build' mode can write directly to a disc yeah? You don't need to make an ISO first and then burn the ISO using Write mode.

Also, Build mode should have created an MDS file to go with the ISO. You should be selecting that when you burn the image as it contains the layer break information.

You do know that 'Build' mode can write directly to a disc yeah? You don't need to make an ISO first and then burn the ISO using Write mode.

Also, Build mode should have created an MDS file to go with the ISO. You should be selecting that when you burn the image as it contains the layer break information.

:blush: :blush: :blush: :blush: :blush:

I didn't actually know that - either of them.

Oops.

Will take this into account, and next time - R the effing M.

Well normally the program would notice you've selected the ISO when there's an MDS file and select the MDS for you anyway - you'd get a message pop up telling you not to do it again! :P

Bit weird that you're not seeing it to be honest. :/

Have you tried resetting all of the program settings incase you've messed with something important that you shouldn't have? The best way to reset them all is probably to uninstall + reinstall.

Update.

Turned out that changing the media worked.

There were 2 bad discs in the cake. Never had this happen before with these Verbatims, so back to the supplier they will go.

Did not want to hijack the thread, but now that he solved his problem, I just wanted to ask a quick question.

Is there any difference in burning the video_ts direct to disc, as compared to making an ISO and then burning? If not then why have the ISO option?

Thanks

One thing making an ISO first enables is 100% verification later on. Otherwise, you will have verify errors in the filesystem due to date and time.

Regards

So, making an ISO allows for 100% verification after burning, while direct to disc doesn't?

It allows you to verify it at a later date or in a different drive, nothing more.

Data burnt directly in Build mode is still subject to 100% verification but it's obviously only valid so long as the information about that 'on-the-fly' image is stored in ImgBurn's memory.

What I was getting at is after burning, in order to verify (if you haven't checked verification already), you need to switch to verify mode. But you need an ISO to verify against.

Regards

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.