excellent break layer everytime?

brett

i was wondering if anyone knew how i could make better break layers when im creating the dvd. i dont like using the average break layer and i want to make sure i get an excellent one every time. how do i do that? if anyone has any info thatd be awesome thanks!

The rating on the LB has to do with the layout of the disk, which is dependent on the authoring. You can't make them better without changing the authoring of the DVD (one way might be to eliminate unwanted audio languages - this would make more room). More space left on the disk will afford more choices (excellent is when the break occurs right at the start of a VTS or a title).

In practice, don't worry about this.

Regards

The rating on the LB has to do with the layout of the disk, which is dependent on the authoring. You can't make them better without changing the authoring of the DVD (one way might be to eliminate unwanted audio languages - this would make more room). More space left on the disk will afford more choices (excellent is when the break occurs right at the start of a VTS or a title).

In practice, don't worry about this.

Regards

He could try the seamless playback. This is a very cool feature. You will need to try one out to see if it works on your player, but the seamless playback is a really nice feature.

Yep - I love seamless playback - I just hate movies that stop in the middle for a brainfart. Ages ago, I returned 2 DVDs cos I thought something was wrong. Turned out the studio had simply authored them with no regard to their customer and broke right in the middle of some action. Things have gotten better in the last 2 years or so.

Regards

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.