files or folders in build mode:

dr_ml422

hi guys, just wanted to get the correct info regarding build mode in imgburn. do all the files and, or folders that you build have to be iso's already in your pc or w/e computer we use? from recent experience w/build mode, imgburn will build w/e's in my pc and then burn it, but unless it's already an iso or in vts audio, or video in my hard drive it won't play in most dvd players because of the format it comes in when doing it that way. my player plays just about everything, but that's not the case for others. also, is there a way i can add several or all the files i want to build at one time instead of one at a time? if i can please give me your best suggestions in doing it. it'll not only save me time ,but it'll also save me from adding the same file as some files come from the same folder.

ImgBurn burns as-is.

If you want a DVD Video disc you need to feed it DVD Video files (IFO/VOB/BUP etc) in 'Build' mode - or give it a properly formatted DVD Video ISO image in 'Write' mode.

An ISO is a disc image hence no conversion would ever need to take place - it's already in the format it's supposed to be in (whatever that might be).

You can queue up ISO image files to burn in Write mode but you can't queue up normal files/folders to burn in Build mode.

• 2 months later...
ImgBurn burns as-is.

If you want a DVD Video disc you need to feed it DVD Video files (IFO/VOB/BUP etc) in 'Build' mode - or give it a properly formatted DVD Video ISO image in 'Write' mode.

An ISO is a disc image hence no conversion would ever need to take place - it's already in the format it's supposed to be in (whatever that might be).

You can queue up ISO image files to burn in Write mode but you can't queue up normal files/folders to burn in Build mode.

lighting, excuse the delay in responding w/results. it took a bit, but now i understand build mode better and have been using it almost extensively for all my burning.

i'm learning queue now. i'll post any ? if necessary, which will most likely be the case.

thnx for your help. always appreciated.

• 2 weeks later...
ImgBurn burns as-is.

lighting, excuse the delay in responding w/results. it took a bit, but now i understand build mode better and have been using it almost extensively for all my burning.

i'm learning queue now. i'll post any ? if necessary, which will most likely be the case.

thnx for your help. always appreciated.

lightning, just reporting. i followed your guide on creating the folders w/in the folders and now eveything's much simpler just like you said. i could use it to build or burn directly to disc. takes some time to learn all the goodies imgburn has to offer, but it's worth it.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.