Memorex and Sony DVD+R DL Problems

chron_4

I am currently using cheap no-name brand media (Matrix DVD+R DL's) which have given me no problems in the writing process, except for maybe a slight quality issue in playback. So I purchased a 15 pack of Memorex DVD+R DL's hoping that I could get the maximum quality out of my favorite movies. Unfortunately they didn't have Verbatim at the store I was at (Fry's, which has EVERYTHING). At the beginning of the writing process the error message I attached in this post was given to me, and twice, with two different movies. I returned the DL's to the store saying they were defective and luckily I was able to get my money back. I decided to purchase the more expensive Sony DVD+R DL's there figuring there would be no way I would have any problems with these, but they had the exact same result! What is going on?? Anyone experienced this or have any ideas of what the problem could be? My firmware is up to date.

error.bmp

oh dear , you couldn wait could you, despite this reply HERE

I decided to purchase the more expensive Sony DVD+R DL's there figuring there would be no way I would have any problems with these,

you figured wrong :rolleyes:

VERBATIM , VERBATIM ,VERBATIM and NOTHING else :thumbup: now do you get the message ??

your drive does not like those discs you bought , thats what the error is telling you. its struggling to even read them , at least you only have 15 of these as opposed to 25 of the matrix ones you had

Well, I just went back to the Matrix's and they are working fine. So I guess now I'll just wait until those are used up and then I'll buy me some Verbatims :thumbup:, no matter how expensive they are (btw, any advice on where to get these for the best price?). Hopefully Fry's will believe me when I go in tomorrow with the Sony's and say they were defective too haha.

that's an old benq 1620 with 2005 firmware

the only dvd+r dl that's supported is

MKM [Mitsubishi] 001

PHILIPS CD2

RITEK D01

I would get a new burner if you want to burn dual layer much

if the sony's were made in singapore they would have had that mkm mid code?

that's an old benq 1620 with 2005 firmware

the only dvd+r dl that's supported is

MKM [Mitsubishi] 001

PHILIPS CD2

RITEK D01

I would get a new burner if you want to burn dual layer much

if the sony's were made in singapore they would have had that mkm mid code?

So are you saying the Verbatims wouldn't even work with my setup? And the Sony ones say they were made in Taiwan. They don't have the MKM code, although I'm not even really sure where to look. I guess I'll just try to sell whats left of them on eBay if I can't get my money back.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.