File to iso mode

pleasedelete

I believe imgburn is one of the if not the best burner around free or other wise i have been trying to find a way to take full advantage ot this fact. I have been looking for a program that can create a iso of selected folder and files but there seems always to be something i don't like about them.

It would be great if there was a file to iso mode in imgburn for me it would be then a great all round burner because uses could then burn data by first creating a iso of the files. You could have a box like imgburn queue with add file(s) and add folder(s) buttons, you could also have a option to either save the iso to a selected folder for later burning and if no folder is selected it just uses a temp folder which after creation it automatically burns the iso.

My request maybe a long shot but this is one feature i would absolutely love to see implemented(soon the better :w00t: ). Im no developer but as i said imgburn queue box looks to me ideal for aa gui for this feature all you would need is a create iso and destination select button etc. From DVD Decrypter you also already have a way to create a iso.

There have been many similar requests since Lightning UK! launched ImgBurn, if you have been around since the early days of this forum or if you read some of LUK!'s previous responses you will note that ImgBurn is always going to be an "Image Burner" and nothing else. DVDD is sadly deceased and with it the ripping part of the program.....

That's great LIGHTNING UK i will look forward to that version. I'm sorry i was not aware the way DVD Decrypter created a ISO was different to what i was suggesting. I think if you do implement this feature tho it would open ImgBurn up to a much bigger market then currently available because if you don't want to burn images you don't need ImgBurn but if you implement the ability to create ISO's as well. People can then use it to backup there data.

If you do decided to do a temp version i will be willing to test it if you wish.

I found a little program for data files, don't use it on a full movie tho!

My test with a movie had the vob5 before the vob1 with power dvd,

shrink analyzed the dvd fine.

A 1.2 G data burn seemed fine, since some guy in Germany wrote

the program, I'm not quite ready to reccomend it yet.

:thumbsup:

when do they start kids programming in school over there?

I have been looking for a program that can create a iso of selected folder and files but there seems always to be something i don't like about them.

I use UltraISO. A tool specifically designed to create, edit and burn all manner of disk image files. http://www.ezbsystems.com/

From DVD Decrypter you also already have a way to create a iso.

Not quite true. DVD Decrypter read the sectors from a disk (not the files) and made a duplicate of the DVD in ISO format. Creating an ISO from a bunch of files and directories is not the same as reading sectors from a disk and outputting to an ISO.

I've searched quite a bit for an iso maker that can handle data files that are very large.

For example, today it's possible to home record ones TV shows in the TS (transport stream) format. They're basically just glorified mpeg's.

But the TS file for any given show is usually quite large, for a broadcast movie it can easily be over 4 gig's.

While Nero can burn these to disc many individuals would prefer to let ImgBurn do the job by way of providing it with an ISO of the files.

I've tried a few of the proggies listed in this forum, they're great and thank you, but seemingly none of them can handle these large files. Frequently they'll try to create the ISO but after their attempt completes I'll see that the file created is woefully undersized.

So, if anyone has ever used a proggie that can do this specific function, create ISO's of TS files 4 gigabyte sized and larger, I'd be thankful if they could mention it here.

I use UltraISO. A tool specifically designed to create, edit and burn all manner of disk image files. http://www.ezbsystems.com/

One caveat I have encountered with UltraISO and DVD Video discs. If you try to insert files into the disc, i.e. you want to add, god forbid, Interactual's install files to the root folder, the resulting image with the injected files did not play in stand alone DVD players in my test. And, no, I know injecting new .VOB and .IFO contents into VIDEO_TS may be problematic ;) I'm talking about injecting files into the image in general.

So what's up with the MDS. file? I always rip to VIDEO_TS, use shrink to make an ISO, then burn the ISO, but if I have to copy a copy, I use ISO read and get an MDS file also. I know there is a setting to disable it, but I don't understand it so I leave it alone.

I'll take your word for it, mate. :) I've never used UltraISO for building DVDs. I think the array of freeware tools available to do that type of thing is more than adequate.

Well, UltraISO, and other apps, never have a perfect run with injecting files into existing images to start off with. :) I only do it to inject the current monthly/year system drive images into the bootable rescue disc media so I can save 1 disc. Thus far, that's worked.

As for using UltraISO to build DVD's, I don't think I ever tried to use it to build one from VIDEO_TS contents. Just data DVD's and injecting files into existing images.

So what's up with the MDS. file? I always rip to VIDEO_TS, use shrink to make an ISO, then burn the ISO, but if I have to copy a copy, I use ISO read and get an MDS file also. I know there is a setting to disable it, but I don't understand it so I leave it alone.

Your .mds file may contain information that ImgBurn reqires to do its job properly, especially if you're burning dual-layered media that will contain layer-break info. You don't NEED to always burn the .mds file but it's a good habit to get into.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.