File to iso mode

pleasedelete

That clears it up some for me, but how would I use the ISO and MDS both? I'm not into burning Dual Layer yet when I can fit them on DVD-5's and still be happy with the quality, but eventually I'll get there.

Edited by crockettmann

Well, UltraISO, and other apps, never have a perfect run with injecting files into existing images to start off with. :) I only do it to inject the current monthly/year system drive images into the bootable rescue disc media so I can save 1 disc. Thus far, that's worked.

Ah! Now I'm with you. (Had a bit of a blonde moment). :doh: I've never had problems injecting or removing files from within an ISO using UltraISO. Great program. Works great with .bin files as well. Odd.

Probably operator error. :lol:

Thanks, Shamus.

I thought I noticed that the MDS file was small. Is it just info that uses the ISO or what?

Also, I was wondering... I went through all the trouble to make sure my ASPI layer was correct when I first started learning to burn, but notice that in Imgburn settings I am using the default SPTI.

Am I supposed to change to ASPI?

Thanks, Shamus.

I thought I noticed that the MDS file was small. Is it just info that uses the ISO or what?

The .mds file is small, as Shamus said tho its good to get into the habit of selecting that to burn tho - ImgBurn will pick up the iso if you select the .mds, you don't need to select anything else :)

Thanks again guys. I tried it last night and saw what you were talking about.

So how long is a good time for converting the average dual layer (DVD-9) file into a 4.5G file with Shrink for burning? Seems the encoding part takes my machine almost 1-1/2 hrs.

I have an Athlon XP 2000 that normally runs at 1240Mhz. I'm still working on getting it up to full speed (almost there) without crashes.

Thanks again guys. I tried it last night and saw what you were talking about.

So how long is a good time for converting the average dual layer (DVD-9) file into a 4.5G file with Shrink for burning? Seems the encoding part takes my machine almost 1-1/2 hrs.

I have an Athlon XP 2000 that normally runs at 1240Mhz. I'm still working on getting it up to full speed (almost there) without crashes.

we did a bench with 3 amd64 machines, SW3, reauthor main movie only, compression at 68%, 2hrs 24 min

movie, all machines had 512megs ram and up. DA and AEC sharp on. 25, 32 and 40 minutes

25 minutes was a dual core 3800. Hard drive to hard drive transcoding after ripping with D***.

You don't want to know how fast when we turned off DA and AEC.

Shrink 3.2 is multithreaded.

I followed you except fo the SW3 and multithreaded parts, Chewy. :unsure:

according to some post "long ago and far away" by the man himself,

shrink uses 5 or 6 threads during it's transcode, as he said,

"you guys with dual xeons are gonna love this new version"

back then who in the hell could afford them?

maybe dual celeries!

the X2AMD64/3800 did SW3 in 7 minutes in fastest configuration, my POS took 9 1/4 minutes.

Edited by chewy

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.