Walkman Mobile

Snazz

Hi guys, been meaning to ask this for ages, but everytime I come on I get distracted and forget why i'm here. DOH!!! Anyway, I've been look for a new mobile, and the walkman ones by Sony sound good, but the battery life on the best one 800i I think it is, says 4hrs talk time. That's all well and good, cos I ain't gonna talk for four hours a day, but I may listen to music that long, so will that flatten it in four hours ? I think it won't, but who knows? So, have any of you got a mobile with tons of memory that allows you to play your siong all day long?

Samsung were meant to be doing a nice clamshell one, but that's not in any shops as far as I have seen.

Cheers guys.

I know quite a few people with that white Sony one. I guess that's the 800i....but I only know the black k750i by number!

Anyway, the phone itself is excellent. Nice menus, excellent camera and more features than you could ever hope to learn! We've had many side splitting times out in town of an evening getting pissed and mucking around with bluetooth to random peoples phones! (but you're probably a little more grown up than we are ;) )

You can listen to those little mp3 players that run off a single AAA battery for hours on end so I don't see why it would die quickly on a phone. I'm sure the life of the battery in the phone would exceed that of a AAA.

Aren't the headphones non-standard (in terms of the connector) so that you can't use a normal pair. And don't bundled earphones generally sound a bit crap...?

I've got an Orange M500 Pocket PC PDA/phone. It runs windows mobile, and has windows media player, so it plays all the mp3 files on the 512MB SD card. Plus I can use my existing Sennheiser earphones, and it sounds great.

Plus it's a gadget to play around with... :D

Cheers guys. Lightning, you're totally correct about the MP3 players battery life, so ditto the phone battery. Best thing I can do, is go to the shop and have a luck I think.

PS.

Why are all the smilies displaying links instead of the smilies ?

:blink:

And now the smilies are working. something's playing silly buggers.

Oh, my mate said the 800 has a special connector/wire that goes into the phone. The headphones then plug in to another socket (on the other end of that wire) that's up by your neck (once you've got the earphones in!) - kinda like where some have their digital displays or volume controls. He said it's just a normal 3.5mm jack plug - but didn't have the headphones infront of him to be 100% sure on that ;)

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.