OPEN SOURCE ImgBurn

tom9876543

Hello

Considering that ImgBurn is free and Lightning UK! will never make any $$$$$ from it, why not open source the code?

If its open source then a Linux version, OSX version etc could be created. Plus other people could submit code suggestions for new features, bug fixes etc.

If Lightning UK! doesn't want to open source all the code could he please provide the source code for the Log Window? I really like the Log Window and would use it for any applications that I develop. Also the opening transparent logo at the start is very cool, could I see the code for that?

Thanks

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Give an inch and they will (try to) take a mile.

There is a donate option that if everyone who thinks the program is the cat's meow would make a contribution maybe LUK would make a little dough...won't get rich, but would offset the long hours he puts in developing the program to make it better for all of us.

Edited by LOCOENG

Hello

Would it be possible for you to give a reason why it won't be open sourced?

Maybe you should think long term. One person can't manage ImgBurn forever. Everyone will die one day. What happens to ImgBurn then????

Open source ImgBurn and it will live forever.

Thanks

I agree, there should be no pressure on LUK! to open source his work if he doesn't want to, he created it, fixed it, modified it and made improvements to it. By open sourcing ImgBurn you would see all sorts of different versions of the program flying around the internet and any resultant issues or problems would end up here in the official forum when the problem is not of Lightning's making......

Seems like a really crap idea to me :)

usually these troublemakers leave right away, tom9876543 seems to be sticking around

I would njoy knowing how the program works, but giving me the source code, wouldn't increase my understanding

hard code the frog song- did I miss a string of posts?

• 4 weeks later...
Guest FlordiaHillBilly

I would like to put my two cents in here. I am trying to understand how things work and I am not asking for OPEN source but I would like to know more about how the code works. I saw some code a year or so ago and a great tutorial on how things work but I can't put them both together. I want to start somewhere to learn more about the process. Just point me to source code, snippets or tutorials elsewhere or even open a forum for this type of discussion.

You really do not add any value to the website by sending me a link to Tomato ketchup.

I will be happy to unsubscribe if this is the attitude of the people on this website but I know LightnigUK and Blutach have been very supportive in the past without sly remarks. Thanks anyway for your reply.

##

FlordiaHillBilly Do not spam my PM box and get a sense of humour for gods sake

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.