Display Source Identifiers for Write Mode

Citrus

Does it display that information only after you put an empty disc in the drive and hit the Write button? My suggestion is to do display that information once you have selected an image file. I would like to be able to check this info without having to put a disc in the drive and doing a test write.

Edited by Citrus

if its shown in the tooltip , it will be shown in the log too

check the log in this post for an example http://forum.imgburn.com/index.php?s=&...ost&p=53058

I 21:08:33 Source File: C:\HIGH_SCHOOL_MUSICAL.MDS

I 21:08:33 Source File Sectors: 4,099,440 (MODE1/2048)

I 21:08:33 Source File Size: 8,395,653,120 bytes

I 21:08:33 Source File Volume Identifier: HIGH_SCHOOL_MUSICAL

I 21:08:33 Source File Application Identifier: GEAR UDF Application

I 21:08:33 Source File Implementation Identifier: GEAR UDF

If it displays:

Label: Unknown

Imp ID: Unknown

File System: None

Does that mean the ISO image is broken?

Not necessarily: it only means that those fields are absent/blank and that no filesystem known to ImgBurn was found.

If you're worried that the ISO image could be corrupted, use IsoBuster (or similar program) to open the ISO image and check its contents.

It shows in the tooltip when you choose the image file but will only show it in the log file after it started the write process.

Yeah, and it's only shown in the log file after it started the read process.... so I really don't understand what you're getting at!

It shows in the tooltip when you choose the image file but will only show it in the log file after it started the write process.

Without knowing exactly what's supposed to be there, there's no way to know if it's corrupt or not.

Normally you'd use the 'known' MD5 for a file to check for such things - or use SFV/PAR/PAR2 files.

Yeah, and it's only shown in the log file after it started the read process.... so I really don't understand what you're getting at!

No point really. I was just explaining why I didn't notice the tooltip.

Those fields are even more 'optional' than the ones I currently show.

All I'm aiming for by showing what I do is giving the user some idea of which program made the image. If you can't get that from the imp/app id then you won't get it at all.

As for ISO browsing, it's unlikely but if I ever feel in the mood, I might do it.

Normally you'd use the 'known' MD5 for a file to check for such things - or use SFV/PAR/PAR2 files.

Is there anyway to check an image file against the md5 checksum in ImgBurn? If not it would be a good feature.

As for ISO browsing, it's unlikely but if I ever feel in the mood, I might do it.

I think this would make a great feature along with the md5 Checksum check. Those are the only two features that I use UltraISO for now. You're program is a lot better!

Edited by Citrus

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.