Design??

blackdavinci

Well since im a designer and really like this software and really want to give something back besides money I was thinking if you perhaps would like a redesign of the site and if wanted the logo aswell

giving the site and program a more serious look

what say you :)

I wont need any ftp or w/e i'll Upload the stuff to a temp site so you could see how it works and so on

regards

black

Well though I don't specifically find the ui of ImgBurn difficult to understand. I came to notice that people that doens't even know what style in word is couldn't apprehend ImgBurn that easily.

An pretty simple idea would be to have at the launch of ImgBurn a panel with huge icons proposing what ImgBurn can do.

I made a simple mockup of what i'm talking about.

(Icons borrowed from the great work done at gnome: http://art.gnome.org/themes/icon/1100 )

post-4479-1190572674_thumb.jpg

Edited by Wandering Freeloader

I'm not sure a website redesign is really urgent at this time. I don't look at the current one and go 'Oh my god I hate it', so IMO it's not due yet. If you fancy showing me more of the new layout (as you see it) please do so. I can't tell much from the header.

I like the idea of the newbie friendly welcome screen and have toyed with the idea in the past. I'm working on it right now.

well since i dont know how the NEW logo should look like i decided to put nothing on there

thought we perhaps could have some competion for it and then once we've got a really nice logo i would put it on the header and make some other web 2.0 effects to it and so on making the site alot nicer =)

I like the idea of the newbie friendly welcome screen and have toyed with the idea in the past. I'm working on it right now.

Could you please then also make an option for disabling it, as i personally hate it to death(and i'm sure many others do to)...

If you know how to use your brain the slightest little bit, then you will find ImgBurn's current UI very user-friendly, and dumbing the UI down, just for the occasional imbecil is a pretty sad move IMHO.

Of course i respect your decision no matter what you decide, as it's your app and hard work i'm talking about :)

Edit: Hmm, wait a minutte... What am i blabbing on about here! Of course you will make it configurable, just like nearly everything else is, in your brilliant app :) Sorry for even asking about it, then :)

@blackdavinci

Please don't take it personally, when i said that i didn't liked your propossed wizzard, since it hasn't anything to do with your designing skills whatsoever, which i personally find very good btw, but is entirely based on the fact that i personally hate wizzards in general, and no matter if they are well designed or not... :)

CU, Martin.

Edited by Martin H

Pretty sure the boss still wont go for it but it will give us something to look at... :D

Mindreaders!!!!!! BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHA

=)) =)) =)) =))

Regards

@blackdavinci

Please don't take it personally, when i said that i didn't liked your propossed wizzard, since it hasn't anything to do with your designing skills whatsoever, which i personally find very good btw, but is entirely based on the fact that i personally hate wizzards in general, and no matter if they are well designed or not... :)

CU, Martin.

what wizzard?

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.