Lost my burner after ImgBurn install

CCRomeo

I lost my burner after ImgBurn install, it shows up in My Computer but will not read or write. This is the 2nd time. After a system recovery

returned my drives to normal I set a restore point and tried to install once more this time my slave DVD+/-RW drive would not read on the DVD+/-RW Master would ???

Master LiteOn LH-20A1P slave LiteOn SHM 165H6S normaly work fine. I think the position on the cable is correct master at the end. I don't think that can be the problem as ConverXtoDVD, Nero, CloneDVD2 all work fine as does Windows Media player, WinDVD...

After install of ImgBurn and reboot one or both drives will not read DVD or CD when I system restore to a time before the install all returns to normal. I will set another restore point today and will try once more after waiting for a solution.

jmicron thread ??? (I am a MOD on CDF)

Edited by CCRomeo

motherboard?

are any of these other programs running some service at bootup?

motherboard Board: ASUSTek Computer Inc. P4SD-VX

Bus Clock: 200 megahertz

BIOS: American Megatrends Inc. 1006 06/26/2003

I can use MSCONFIG and disable all if you wish.

Updated BIOS, reinstalled NO JOY, and system recover did not fix :angry::angry:

I had to intall another DVD drive (AWQ170A-B2) :angry: in order to use drive 2.

now back to the origional SHM 165H6S.

don't think I will try again

Edited by CCRomeo

thanks for your help, But I have other programs I can use on this PC, so after the last try; I will let it pass before I crash my system; I never had a drive problem that requied me to install another drive to fix; something in my PC does not like ImgBurn; and I don't want a clean install of windows once more.

Check your computer for virus and malware , use your virus program and get spy bot search and destroy update both to latest then run.

No way is ImgBurn forcing you to change drives you must have a faulty couple of drives or your system is way too corrupted.

Operating systems should be Installed about every 6 months I choose to do it every 3 months or even sooner but I have also left them for a year and had no corruption that stopped me from running anything. Then again though I know what I am installing.

I don't agree, it's most like a sony sonic conflict, assuming his clean installs were just putting all that crap back on his

hard drive fresh

messed with fixing some of those vaio's for a while, ended up wiping them and installing a clean copy of xp

you would have to clean the filters and the registry then install imgburn

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.