REQ.: PoweRec configuration for Plextor drives

????

Dear L_UK!,

would you be able to add a possibility to configure (enable/disable) the PoweRec settings for Plextor drives in ImgBurn without that much of work like in Nero and/or PlexTools?

As I find that PoweRec is way too sensitive and often makes my discs stutter in my standalone it is just annoying to fiddle around with PlexTools to disable PoweRec before using ImgBurn to get a decent burn. I know, most people seem to be fine with PoweRec, but for me it just gives headaches.

As this command seems to be hidden in the firmware it can't be disabled in general and must be set everytime I want to write something to a disc via PlexTools. However, the Nero team found a way to permanently store that setting somewhere in their program and so it does not need to be re-set everytime.

I wonder if you could implement such a feature like in Nero. It would be very appreciated. :w00t:

post-1834-1136199328_thumb.png

Thanks in advance.

Best Regards

Edited by ????

=))

Added this lastnight actually - along with the advanced settings for BenQ drives!

Damn my crystal ball is good!

EDIT: Oh, it will need to be enabled/disabled everytime though if its not stored in the drives eeprom or wherever. I avoid sending custom commands before a burn because I'm forced to do them by device id strings - and these could change meaning newer drives wont work automatically etc. That just makes it into a bit of a headache supporting them all and updating for every new drive release.

=))

Added this lastnight actually - along with the advanced settings for BenQ drives!

Damn my crystal ball is good!

EDIT: Oh, it will need to be enabled/disabled everytime though if its not stored in the drives eeprom or wherever. I avoid sending custom commands before a burn because I'm forced to do them by device id strings - and these could change meaning newer drives wont work automatically etc. That just makes it into a bit of a headache supporting them all and updating for every new drive release.

LOL! Now that's nice! I can't wait to get my hands on the new version!

Hooray for Lightning_UK! :w00tdance::biggrindance::w00tdance:

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.