Changing booktype manually

GDTMF

I have a Xbox 360 with NME and Samsung drive. Im using a HP DVD-DL-R burning device

When trying to burn a backup I followe this tutorial :

http://www.rejoy.se/forum/index.php?showto...0entry921

After having enter layer break number I have to change booktype to DVD-DL-r. When I press the icon with the book in the right corner a box appears with different manufactures ( Samsung, LG etc. etc. ). But HP does not appear on the list, and no matter what type I choose, it says "Failed ( Unknown )".

Does this mean that HP burner is not compatible with imgburn or do I have to install some sort of driver?

Please help..

Thanks in advance...

Im using HP 1040e DVD-writer.

I´ve read that HP DVD writer are backed by Lite-ON. Does this mean that I should choose Lite-On in the change booktype-box? Of course it still says "Failed-Unknown"....

Any tips, thoughts are appreciated

Tnx

I believe it is a liteon drive, yes.

As to why bitsetting from that tab won't work... I have no idea.

tnx for the quick answer.. awsome program...

Im using the newest edition of Imgburn. It has auto-set booktype right?? So in fact it should not be neccesary to do it manually?!

If the log-file shows that its set to DVD-R DL everything should be alright, right?

Hmm... Perhaps the guy who installed the chip did a crappy job...

If the manual methods don't work, the auto one won't either (as it automates the same functions).

Are you really using DVD-R DL?

You can't booktype DVD- (minus) media.

Im using DVD+R DL! Should it be DVD-R DL? Never noticed there was a difference. Oh It was a joke :sleeping:

Can you take a look at this log file please.. I noticed that after i put in a DVD+R DL the book type changed.. So it seems that the auto book type works, right ( before it was DVD+RW )?

HP DVD Writer 1040d EH23 (USB)

Current Profile: DVD+R DL

Disc Information:

Erasable: No

Free Sectors: 4,173,824

Free Space: 8,547,991,552 bytes

Free Time: 927:32:74 (MM:SS:FF)

Supported Write Speeds: 4x, 6x, 8x

DVD±R DL Boundary Information:

L0 Data Zone Capacity: 2,086,912

Changeable: Yes

Physical Format Information (ADIP):

Disc ID: MKM-003-00

Book Type: DVD+R DL

Part Version: 1

Disc Size: 120mm

Maximum Read Rate: Not Specified

Number of Layers: 2

Track Path: Opposite Track Path (OTP)

Linear Density: 0.293 um/bit

Track Density: 0.74 um/track

First Physical Sector of Data Area: 196,608

Last Physical Sector of Data Area: 16,580,607

Last Physical Sector in Layer 0: 2,283,519

Physical Format Information (Last Recorded):

Disc ID: MKM-003-00

Book Type: DVD+R DL

Part Version: 1

Disc Size: 120mm

Maximum Read Rate: Not Specified

Number of Layers: 2

Track Path: Opposite Track Path (OTP)

Linear Density: 0.293 um/bit

Track Density: 0.74 um/track

First Physical Sector of Data Area: 196,608

Last Physical Sector of Data Area: 16,580,607

Last Physical Sector in Layer 0: 2,283,519

This is the method I have used to burn :

If you have Samsung Drive in Xbox-360 and NME-360 v1.0 with or limited Edition:

Download IMGBurn (http://www.imgburn.com), install and execute.

At first we have to enter the layerbreak information manually. This has to be done only once because IMGBurn

will save this setting and use it for ever untill you change it again:

TOOLS - SETTINGS - WRITE - Options (top right) - mark "User specified" - enter thevalue "1913760" into

the field below. Confirm with "OK".

Back to the mainscreen of IMGburn there is a small icon in the lower right corner which looks like a book.

Click this icon with your left mousebutton and we will be able to change the booktype manually.

A new window opens which lists several DVD writers. Choose your dvd writer and enter the following settings:

"Change for:" "Drive (For DVD+R DL Media)" below "New Setting:" "DVD+R DL"

click "Change" with your left mousebutton and confirm the message "SUCCESS" by clicking "OK".

Hit the "OK" button to get back to the mainscreen where you can select the iso by clicking the small folder

icon besides "please select a file...".

Choose your "game.iso" file.

Preferably change the writing speed to the speed of your media. Never write faster than your media can handle

it because you could make it a coaster. Disable "Test-Mode" and "Verifiy"

Finally insert your DVD+R DL media and press the big button to start burning.

It should not be neccesary to disable "test-mode" and "verify" right?

Yo!

I have tried to disable smart burn in the advanced settings. Suddenly It does not say "unknown-failed" under book type. Now I can choose Lite-ON and see that the current setting for DVD+RW Media is DVD+R DL?! Everything else is still "unknown-failed".

Ok! Yet that one is "unknown-Failed".... Long story short, do you have any suggestions on why I cant adjust book type? Just things you heard off.. I can look for detailes myself..

How does the log file seem to you?

I thank you for your help! Not too often that you see admins answering this fast, if they even answer... :thumbup:

K

you won't like what I found on google, lots of problems with that drive, some rma's, some crossflash to liteon, fixed some problems but not others, some worked the charm

did you put the burner in an external enclosure your self?

nevermind the last question, the i e thing threw me

my HP 1040 usb external didnt work so great. i ended up removing it from the external USB box, and installing internally in my desktop (yes, it kinda defeats the purpose but it also stopped alot of coasters). If your using it with a desktop, maybe you should buy a regular one and install it. Xbox dvd's are so touchy anyways, it would definitely be best to burn with it hooked internally if at all possible since it seems USB boxes for burners are kinda glitchy (i tried a lite-on and sony branded externals before buying the hp, none worked that great with the HP being the best...its not the drives so much as the enclosure and being connected via USB). also, i later crossflashed my burner to lite-on firmware after finding out which lite-on model it truly was from one of the cdr forums....and in my case, i now HIGHLY recommend doin so as the the lite-on disk utility to enable overspeed burning and media strategies works on it, and im showing MUCH etter burn quality when testing with cd-dvd speed. it almost never puts out coasters now and ive burned 32 functional xbox 360 games in the past 2 weeks using verbatim and memorex media (the verbatims are definitely less touchy to get em to work). with liteon, you can permanently set the booktype for DVD+R media types using the lite-on booktype tool. then you will not have to set it with imgburn as it will be already enabled in the drives flash rom. you may find it on the lite-on support site.

Edited by KristiXS

my HP 1040 usb external didnt work so great. i ended up removing it from the external USB box, and installing internally in my desktop (yes, it kinda defeats the purpose but it also stopped alot of coasters). If your using it with a desktop, maybe you should buy a regular one and install it. Xbox dvd's are so touchy anyways, it would definitely be best to burn with it hooked internally if at all possible since it seems USB boxes for burners are kinda glitchy (i tried a lite-on and sony branded externals before buying the hp, none worked that great with the HP being the best...its not the drives so much as the enclosure and being connected via USB). also, i later crossflashed my burner to lite-on firmware after finding out which lite-on model it truly was from one of the cdr forums....and in my case, i now HIGHLY recommend doin so as the the lite-on disk utility to enable overspeed burning and media strategies works on it, and im showing MUCH etter burn quality when testing with cd-dvd speed. it almost never puts out coasters now and ive burned 32 functional xbox 360 games in the past 2 weeks using verbatim and memorex media (the verbatims are definitely less touchy to get em to work). with liteon, you can permanently set the booktype for DVD+R media types using the lite-on booktype tool. then you will not have to set it with imgburn as it will be already enabled in the drives flash rom. you may find it on the lite-on support site.

Im actually using a Dell Optiflex so removing the burner from its caseing and installing it is impossible...

But I will definitly try to crossflash it to lite-on firmware.. Where did you find the download/firmware.. Ive been searching google but has come up emptyhanded (perhaps contacting HP would do the trickk )..

Im kind of a newb to this, so if you can give a quick tutorial it would be great!! Im sure other users of Imgburn would be delighted to know a bit more about crossflashing!

Thanks in advance...

K

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.